(1016852) UC Customer Support Engineer - HTTS
Location:RTP, North Carolina, US
Area of InterestProfessional Services
What You'll Do
Technical Services is team of extraordinary technical experts whose #1 focus is to help customers deploy and operate their networks effectively, while delivering the best possible customer experience. Your success is validated through excellent financial results, growing customer satisfaction metrics, industry recognition, and employee satisfaction scores. Cisco's Technical Assistance Center (TAC) is aligned to three geographic regions; together, they form one global, borderless TAC.
Who You'll Work With
The High Touch Technical Support (HTTS) Unified Communications team in the TAC is made up of highly-responsive and self-driven technology geeks who love what they do: Enabling our Customers by enabling Cisco Technology! You would work with a team that specializes in: Collaboration, Data Center, Security, Voice, Wireless, Routing, Switching. You'll provide 2nd/3rd level technical support on a worldwide basis 24 X 7 X 365 to Cisco customers, partners, account teams, and other TAC engineers.
Who You Are
• Provide second line consultation to independently debug complex IP Telephony problems.
• Provide systems/product training to peers within the High Touch Technical Support (HTTS) team.
• Acts as a focal point for large account network problem resolution.
• Acts as a technical expert and is a go-to resource for the team.
• Provides support on a world-wide basis to all HTTS customers.
• This CSE role supports reactive case handling for Cisco's largest SP and Enterprise customers with Cisco IP Telephony technologies (Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Cisco Unity systems, other Cisco Unified Communications products including; Call Manager Express, Cisco Unity Express, etc.).
• Typically reports to Mgr, Technical Support.
• Collaborates with lower level CSE's, VARs, OEMs & end-users & internal engineering departments.
• Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
• Typically requires BS CS or related degree (or equivalent experience) plus 6-8 yrs relevant experience
• Extensive call manager and call flow trouble shooting experience
• Significant IP Telephony experience
• In depth knowledge of installing, supporting, and troubleshooting Cisco IP Telephony products and Unified Communications solutions
• Extensive IP Networking experience
• Knowledge of Networking industry, products and protocols
• Strong documentation skills--to be utilized for case management, knowledge capture, defect management and Trainings.
• Excellent verbal communication skills--these skills are essential for this engineering role as most of the work being done is through the phone.
• Very strong analytical skills--will be utilized often as this position covers all Cisco IP Telephony technologies.
• Deep understanding of TCP/IP--IP knowledge is critical as it is the foundation for most IP Telephony technologies.
• Working knowledge of handling network down situations--This role will be handling S1/S2 Service Requests with limited supervision.
• Ability to drive recreates remotely--Many issues result in the engineer needing to perform a recreate of the customer problem in order to isolate the issue and resolve.
• Engineer should have experience and knowledge of IP Telephony protocols, proficient with QoS on Cisco platforms, and thorough understanding of Cisco's product line.
• You are highly motivated and self-driven, and can work with minimal supervision.
• Good organizational skills. The position requires that the CSE is able to prioritize his/her workload and manage customer dedications.
• Strong teamwork and collaboration skills. The HTTS Voice Services team relies on each CSE to communicate and collaborate often. This results in a very strong teamwork which has proven to be successful in driving Issues to Resolution quickly.
• Cisco Voice CCIE certification and/or current Cisco CCVP with Current Microsoft MCSE.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. We are inspiring leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers. We Are Cisco.
Apply on the Company Site