1023311 Software Engineer - Jasper
Location:Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestInternet of Everything
What You'll Do
As a Senior Test Engineer at Jasper Cisco ensure that our mission-critical services are healthy and working as expected by our customers; this includes proactive monitoring, Automation and planning for dealing with unexpected emergencies.
Who You'll Work With
Jasper Cisco is the Internet-of-Things (IoT) cloud platform leader. The Cisco Jasper Platform empowers enterprises and mobile operators of all sizes to deploy successful IoT service businesses on a global scale. More than 1,000 companies, including many of the world's top brands, have chosen Jasper Cisco to fast-track their connected businesses. Mobile operator groups worldwide, representing over 100 network affiliates, partner with Jasper Cisco
Jasper Cisco is making the Connected Car a reality for companies like GM, Tesla, Nissan, Ford, VW and others. We power Amazon Kindles and the Sony Playstation Vita. We are driving the Connected Home with Xfinity (Comcast), Vivint, Securitas and more. We are behind many Smart Meter projects, medical devices, connected construction equipment, plus thousands more devices from iPhones to dog trackers, across dozens of industries and six continents.
Jasper Cisco is also a key partner of mobile network operators like AT&T, Telefonica, América Móvil, NTT Docomo, Cricket Wireless, Telenor and others. We are headquartered in Silicon Valley (Santa Clara, California), our Eastern U.S. Center of Excellence is in the Atlanta area (Alpharetta, Georgia), and we have a presence in eleven countries. We power IoT businesses around the world.
Who You Are
An engineer with minimum 10 years of software engineering experience and 5+ years of Java programming experience
* A bachelor's degree is required, preferably in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering or other related engineering discipline (MS preferred)
* Experience working with small teams in an agile development environment
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
As a test engineer you will be working with the Engineering Team analyzing software, and system requirements and implementation
* Developing and testing code
* Identifying and resolving anomalies during test on various software and system-level platforms
* Identifying and implementing required software modifications
* Participating in technical reviews of software products
* Working with software development peers, subject matter experts, and wireless engineers
* Proving on-call diagnostic/troubleshooting support for features developed
* Some travel required to visit onsite team members in US. Trips to include technical support of features developed and providing support to test of developed products in the Jasper operating environment
* Experience with SQL relational databases
* Practical experience in Object Oriented Design (OOD)
* Network programming experience
* Experience of working with remote workers in different timezones
* Excellent communication skills for peer-to-peer and peer-to-leadership communication
* Experience in handling change in priorities, scope and technologies
* Ability to work with broad requirements and ask the right questions to clarify
* Some travel is required (anticipate less than 20 days per year)
* Self-motivated and able to work well independently and in a team environment
* Availability and capability to provide on-call diagnostic/troubleshooting support for features developed
* Strong communication and documentation skills
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.