1029346 - Service Provider Networking Services Business Development Manager
Location:RTP, North Carolina, US
Additional Location(s)Open to all other US based locations
Area of InterestBusiness Development
What You'll Do
In this key role, you will identify, develop and execute on new services opportunities with an outside-in perspective. You will manage services business growth in Service Provider offers through repeatability, scalability, and enablement. You will play a key role in planning and act as a business advisor to the Services senior leadership team, driving key business initiatives in conjunction with the Services Innovation team spanning growth opportunities, market analysis, and partner strategy in support of our portfolio delivery. You will lead business planning activities for new offerings, working closely with Services leadership, portfolio management teams, product management teams and Go To Market functions.
Other Responsibilities Include:
- Analyze, develop and present solutions to CxO level executives
- Ensure coordinated and consistent customer engagements within accounts based on vertical and technology responsibilities
- Support customer engagement for pricing analysis based on key negotiating terms and conditions that meet the needs of both Cisco and its customers
- Aggregate and analyze account roadmaps, opportunities, business models, and solutions, and facilitate collaboration and development of new offers within accounts
- Drive forecasting activities associated with strategic account planning and project management
- Work with Cisco's senior execs, business entities and sales teams to formulate strategy and drive both strategies and new solutions
Who You'll Work With
This role will be aligned with some of Cisco's largest and most strategic Service Provider customers, primarily covering the Americas geographically. The position will also provide support to define services programs and deliverables into the markets, partners or customers along side the sales team to help grow the SP Networking services penetration with key Service Providers. The BDM will collaborate with sales and marketing teams to create innovative offerings that addresses key customer problems and challenges in pre-deployment. The BDM is the catalyst in ensuring the following:
- The right offer with the right value proposition
- Work with sales to set and achieve goals
- Optimum structure of complex deals
- Maximum the value and optimize delivery scoping to assist the sales process
The BDM will work closely with Theater leadership, sales teams, Innovation and Delivery teams, and Partners teams to provide:
- Responses to RFIs, RFPs, and requests for quotations, and subsequent RFP Defense decks / response material
- Portfolio evolution and new service creation to include collateral development, Technology Partners offerings, and identification of alternate business models
- Sales and field enablement to include Sales Playbooks, Wins / Case Studies, and SOW Templates
- Advanced Services business management to include Pipeline Visibility, Forecasting, and Monetization / Revenue Mgmt
- Tooling and process improvements for Business Development to include Services Scoping Questionnaire and Effort Estimate Tools
Who You Are
You have the ability to lead strategy development based on collaboration with stakeholder organizations, be able to directly and indirectly influence a team to operate consistently, and have superior coaching skills. You are able to balance strategic thinking, detailed planning, execution of many programs at one time, and maintain a consistent metrics cadence. You can communicate effectively at executive level and collaborate across multiple internal and external organizations. From a technology perspective, you have experience with networking in a Service Provider environment. You excel in marketing & strategy development, including project management, business analysis, marketing strategy, problem solving, executive communication, and consensus building. In addition, you demonstrate the ability to become future leaders and be successful in an unstructured, team oriented environment.
Our minimum requirements are the following:
- 8+ years experience in consulting, product management, business development or a related field, including work experience with integrators and technology partners
- Undergraduate Business/Technical degree, with MBA preferred
- Proven ability to translate technology and service offers into customer value proposition and vice versa, with skills at communicating business value to technical decision makers and explaining technology to business decision makers
- Passion for networking technology and Service Provider customer base
- Experience in pursuit of $1M+ opportunities for networking projects, or comparable technology in the SP segment, covering all phases of sales cycles, including qualification, proposal development, business case definition, competitive strategy, and presentation to the client
- Strong strategy and market growth skills with a passion for growing business
- Strong financial and business case analytical skills to define guiding market entry frameworks, plus market experience with insight on market dynamics impact to customers financials
- Strong leadership and communication skills to work with senior executives across various geographies. Written communications include PowerPoint presentations, documents (Word and email), and spreadsheets (Excel).
- Oral communication skills in delivering presentations to C-level business executives and facilitating more interactive business discussions with those executives (project scoping, deal negotiations, problem resolution, etc.)
- Strong persuasion, influence and relationship building skills - demonstrated ability to effectively persuade sales, business and technical decision makers to make investment in new or emerging solutions or business models
- Adept at balancing short term pressures with overall long term goals as a consultative business partner
- Demonstrated ability to provide thought leadership, think strategically and effectively communicate vision (both written and verbal) and influence cross functionally in a collaborative manner
- Ability to travel (target of 25%)
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.
Apply on the Company Site