1202122 Systems Engineer
Location:North Sydney, NSW, Australia
Area of InterestEngineer - Pre Sales
Join the NSW Systems Engineering team as a Systems Engineer focused on collaboration.
At Cisco, we are architecting, implementing and securing the Internet of Things and making amazing things happen every day. We bring together the best and brightest minds in the industry to help our customers accelerate their businesses in a safe and scalable way, helping them lead their own industries. As a Cisco Systems Engineer (SE) you will be a part of a highly dynamic and collaborative team of influencers. Cisco SEs are vital members of the organization who develop technical solutions to help our customers achieve their business outcomes through the use of Cisco's broad technology portfolio. Industry leading development programs ensure you will become and remain a technical expert who is entrusted to guide and educate our customers towards building technical solutions that drive innovation within their companies.
What you’ll do:
As part of a presales technical team working with sales, customer and partners you will own the technical sales outcome.
You’ll help our customers succeed by listening, anticipating their needs as the market shifts, and help them accelerate through technology business transitions.
You’ll gain access to the broad palette of Cisco technologies and applications in a variety of vertical market and use a combination of your technical knowledge, industry relationships, demonstrations, presentations, proof of concepts and other cross architecture capabilities to achieve the technical sale.
• Knowledge of Cisco collaboration technologies and related industry capabilities
• Knowledge of systems and technologies used in typical IT infrastructure (Applications, Networking, Datacentre and Security)
• Awesome personal and interpersonal skills
• Great Spoken/written communication, presentation, and public speaking skills
• Great leadership and influence skills
• Strong problem solving skills
• Highly motivated
• Self-starter who can lead opportunities without close supervision
• Able to take complex ideas and articulate them simply and in a relatable way
• Cultivate relationships with multiple layers of an organization
Extra awesome if you have:
• Hands on experience, through college or jobs/internships that relate to collaboration technologies
• Cisco Certifications (CCNA / CCNP / CCIE) are a plus but not required.
• Programmability skills i.e. Python
What it’s like to work for Cisco:
Get 40 hours paid time to volunteer each year
Best company to work for in so many ways!
Let our employees tell you themselves