Account Payable Processor - Tampa, FL(Job Number:696611)
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum - a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 14 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions, and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their Healthcare needs, and stay on track with their Health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation, and Performance.
The primary role of the Accounts Payable Processor is to process purchase orders and vendor invoices in a timely manner and in accordance with the company policies and procedures. They are accountable for retrieval of vendor invoices via multiple submittal processes. The position is responsible for processing and monitoring payments and vendor costs, ensuring the vendor is billing appropriately and paid in a timely manner, within established payment terms.
Additionally, they are responsible for reporting any discovered vendor billing issues, delays or problems with invoice retrieval to management. They will work closely with the operations team to resolve discrepancies in purchase orders prior to processing invoices for payment. They must meet productivity deadlines, while displaying effective communication, time management & organizational skills, as well as being self-motivated towards goal achievement.
- Retrieve vendor invoices received electronically, via mail, email and fax daily
- Log receipt of invoices received on a daily basis
- Verify vendor invoices for goods and services
- Match invoices for payments against open purchase orders
- Upload and link vendor invoices to appropriate orders for proper filing
- Adjust/pay appropriate sales tax on purchase orders
- Assist operations team in processing expedited vendor payments
- Assist in resolving/processing reconciled invoices
- Assist in special projects assigned by management, working towards improved efficiencies in the payables process
- Accountability: Exhibit and drive a sense of urgency, responsiveness and credibility.
- Adaptability: Ability to work effectively in a fast paced environment while consistently producing error free work and meeting deadlines.
- Communication: Speak clearly, listen actively and convey information effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Customer Service: Respond promptly to customer inquiries, build relationship of trust and respect, and strive to meet and/or exceed expectations.
- Organization: Demonstrate effective time management, prioritization and organizational skills.
- Professionalism: Demonstrate positive and effective interpersonal and relationship management skills internally and externally
- Team Work: Contribute to building positive team environment, gives and receives feedback, and listen to others’ views.
Job Accounts Payable
Primary Location US-FL-Tampa
Organization OptumRx Workers Comp
Number of Openings 1