Account Receivable Clerk - Tampa, FL(Job Number:701710)
Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.
If you want to achieve more in your mission of health care, you have to be really smart about the business of health care. Financial discipline and accountability count more today than ever. Which is why your performance and innovation will find a reception here like nowhere else as you help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
Responsible for a specific assignment of outstanding A/R that requires resolution of the outstanding balance according to A/R policy and procedures.
- Investigates denied and short pay balances through EOB/EOR.
- Submits prohibits on patient accounts as necessary to avoid further risk.
- Communicates with Business Partners, while providing excellent customer service, in order to reconcile outstanding account balances using approved collection techniques.
- Works to resolve account balances of an assigned portfolio of accounts, including but not limited to write-offs, appeals, transfers, review of EOBs and other carrier correspondence, litigation, and self-pay referrals.
- Works with internal departments and Business Partners in identifying carrier trends to escalate for resolution, including missing bill files, incorrect bill form types, missing documentation, etc.
- Maintains patient privacy and confidentiality under requirements of federal and state law, including HIPAA
Job Accounts Receivable
Primary Location US-FL-Tampa
Organization OptumRx Workers Comp
Number of Openings 2