Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestFinance
What You'll Do
In this highly visible role as an Accounting Manager for Cisco Systems Inc, you will:
● Manage the entity accounting close activities, make sure that all monthly activity has been properly recorded and reconciled and provide monthly sign-off ensuring financial statement prepared in accordance with Cisco Policies and U.S. GAAP.
● Provide financial analysis (both at the entity as well as consolidated level) in the areas that are assigned to you.
● Identify and implement process and system enhancements for reporting and accounting controls.
● Manage intercompany transactions to ensure they are executed in accordance with IC agreements and appropriately recorded.
● Provide oversight and supervision support to Accountant and Process Lead Ops Managers who manage Cisco accounting operations activities and find opportunities to improve current processes and implement ad-hoc projects.
● Be the key point of contact for U.S. entity, establish and maintain strong business partnerships across finance to promote teamwork and drive resolution in a timely manner.
● Lead and manage various ad-hoc special projects on both accounting processes and accounting requirements to support Cisco’s business strategy and new business models and M&A integration. Partner with cross-financial business owners and proactively contribute to the execution of corporate-wide finance initiatives within the region. Coordinate with GTC manager to implement changes for compliance and tax regulations and accountable for the Tax compliance commitment in the country, including updates.
● Conduct periodic regional reviews with the Management team. Build strong working relationship with key business partners (BTOF, Sales and Services Finance, GTAP…).
Who You'll Work With
Our team works with various finance teams to review financial statements, account reconciliation, SOX or internal control matters. You will have the opportunity to work with various business and accounting operation teams, IT, SOX, Tax and other entity controllers on accounting and implement new accounting processes and systems.
Who You Are
You will have experience with Oracle ERP and Hyperion with advance skill in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word, the understanding of intercompany transactions along with the ability to work in a cross-functional and rapidly changing environment to drive and lead complex initiatives. Being a highly motivated self-starter and team player, that pays high attention to detail and strong organizational and planning skills, will do very well in this role.
The minimum requirements for this role are:
● Bachelor Degree in Finance or Accounting is required, or equivalent practical experience with a strong accounting background and working knowledge of U.S. GAAP. CPA/CA is a plus.
● At least 5 years of relevant working experience gained in an international oriented organization. Must be comfortable partnering with staff and management and work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic team environment.
● Excellent analytical skills and ability to communicate effectively with management.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.