Accounting Ops Sr. Manager
Job Title: Accounting Ops Sr. Manager
Location: White Plains, NY
The Sr. Manager of the Control Transformation team is responsible for the period and quarterly accounting requirements for all Core and Non-Core (Project Odyssey) restructuring activities including:
- Core severance accrual and payroll accrual activity
- Core severance account reconciliations and cash flow forecasting for liability balances
- Partner with HR Total Rewards Core team and SVPs HQ & Field HR to ensure the timely and accurate accounting for all severance related actions
- Provide guidance and accounting perspective on new project One Time Costs to ensure they meet the restructuring criteria
- Non-Core (Project Odyssey) Flash reporting, period variance analytics and ownership of OTC
- Q23E/Q23H reporting schedules to ensure accuracy of reporting and provide analytical explanations to Financial Reporting and other teams
- HFM tie out between PAB and CorpFin applications for all restructuring Q schedules
- Ownership, presentation and analytical explanations related to OTC for Quarterly forecasting process
- Odyssey One Time Costs (OTC) actuals, forecast and cash forecast for submission into Corporate application (PowerSteering)
- Partner with SC Finance, Business Transformation and other teams to ensure the timely and accurate delivery of Project Odyssey results and forecast
- Independent SOX testing for restructuring controls
The Control Sr Manager is also responsible for the accounting and managerial oversight and reporting related to the following:
- IBM AP and PCard relationship and ad hoc issue resolution / updates with IBM AP and PCard teams in Plano TX
- Smart Spend Reporting (SSR), Smart Spend P90 reporting and ad hoc analysis/request
- Smart Spend training and user guidance as required for existing and future in scope categories
- Planning, forecasting and monitoring of the Control Team Smart Spend budget
- Bachelor's Degree Accounting
- CPA preferred
- 8+ years of Accounting experience
- Big 4 public accounting experience preferred
- Strong people and communication skills to manage information gathering and positively influence others
- Strong organization skills
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Ability to interact with varying levels of individuals (front line to Senior Leadership)
- Ability to build relationships, manage conflict and embrace change
- Ability to supervise other team members
- Ability to problem solve and work independently to resolve issues.
- Must be comfortable presenting to and communicating with all levels of the organization.
- Work well with business partners and across functions to achieve goals.
- Acts with a sense of urgency in a fast paced work environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/People with Disabilities/Protected Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster) & EEO is the Law Supplement (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster-supplement) documents by copying and pasting the appropriate URL in the address bar of your web browser.
To view our Pay Transparency Statement, please click here: Pay Transparency StatementJob Ref: 116929BR",
Performance with Purpose
Out performing ourselves is a rush. That's why we perform with purpose. Together, we blaze new trails, succeed, celebrate and then do something even bigger. We never settle for second best. At PepsiCo we're not just committed to performing well as individuals, but as a team, to strengthen the company as a whole.
Around the world, we're working hard to give people the tastes they crave and the nutrition they need. We dream globally and act locally, constantly innovating to sustain our planet, our people, our communities and our business practices. New markets mean new ways of doing business, and new ways of addressing health concerns, cultural differences and environmental challenges. Every day is an adventure, and an opportunity for personal and professional growth.