Acquisition Integration Security Manager
Location:RTP, North Carolina, US
Additional Location(s)San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestInformation Technology
What You'll Do
The Security & Trust Acquisition Integration team is aligned to corporate level strategy, security, venture investment and the M&A group within Cisco Systems. Our charter includes the associated security risk assessment, strategy, planning, and execution required to securely integrate acquired entities into Cisco Systems. Our vision is to identify and reduce the security risks while protecting Cisco Intellectual Property and extracting the maximum value from each Acquisition with minimum disruption/negative impact to run the business.
Who You'll Work With
Over the years, this cross-functional M&A team has led and closed over 190 acquisitions including divestitures and joint ventures, enabling Cisco to enter multi-billion dollar markets. The talented team of professionals come from diverse security backgrounds and are often sought out for best practices in the industry. We provide direction as well as communicate, consult with and influence all levels of management both within Acquisition Integration team and in cross-functional organizations to gain support and partnership for proposed integrations. M&A is a fast-paced cross-functional environment where human connection matters a lot, so we believe in the collective "we" instead of us versus them. We do amazing work, we support and have each other's back, we are not afraid to iterate and prototype, and we are relentless in our aspiration to be the trusted security business advisors to the business and acquired entities.
In this role, you will lead a security team focused on securing all aspects of M&A deals like SaaS, cloud, infrastructure, software, network and big data. You will map the security and risk landscape, work closely with other Cisco teams to conduct diligence, negotiate deals, and manage relationships. This role is cross functional, and you will work with various Cisco business units as well as functional leaders in IT, HR, WPR, GTM, Operations, Marketing, Supply Chain, Legal, Finance, Sales, and Tax across the company.
Who You Are
Role & Responsibilities
As an Acquisition Integration Security Specialist, you will be expected to lead a team that project manages acquisition integration/deals, be responsible for managing resources assigned to various deals, managing complex & tight schedules, problem solve/trouble shoot, and track execution & remediation of risks. You will also coordinate with other integration work streams and functional leaders.
· Apply security knowledge for Software, XaaS, Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) and other cloud-based business models with the understanding of its key business drivers in order to execute integration plans in a secure fashion for acquisition integration.
· Perform Acquisition Integration activities using specialized knowledge, security best practices and developed business expertise.
· Review and help the team to prepare and maintain the overall integration project plans for each acquisition using a hosted project management tool.
· Help develop and coordinate implementation of strategic business processes associated with major M&A initiatives; measures the security adoption and business value of those initiatives.
· Monitor progress against goals, identifies problems that impact ability to achieve integration plan of record, or areas of inconsistency in the business, based on understanding of blueprint and plan on record. Pace the integration efforts to meet deadline and help resolve project issues and escalate within S&TO, the Corp Development work-streams and/or Integration PMO where needed.
· Assist in the facilitation of major initiatives and related sub-projects.
· Communicate moderately-complex concepts; interacts with deal leads and other project stakeholders to inform and direct action.
· Act as a lead resource for less-experienced team members and colleagues, both S&TO and within other business functions as needed.
· Understand security, market and technology trends and serve as a good partner to other S&TO internal teams as well as business unit teams.
· Analyze investment, acquisition opportunities and identify key drivers, business process improvements & synergies with other M&A teams.
· Prepare and present service, investment and acquisition cases for review by key S&TO and business stakeholders.
· Lead security due diligence discussions for new acquisitions with other business partners on a regular basis.
· Knowledge of security for software delivery models, business processes and capabilities in order to facilitate transfer of best practices and help drive business benefits from strategic partnerships.
· Ability to analyze complex information from multiple sources and evaluate several alternative security solutions before confirming path forward.
· Strong understanding of critical project/program management concepts such as ownership, tasks, dependencies, risks, issues, status reporting. Must be able to use tools and techniques to build & manage a large execution plans for acquisitions.
· Knowledge of Cisco's business & security functions and practices to drive process improvement for more secure and effective operations.
The Minimum Qualifications for this Role Are;
· Bachelor’s degree in quantitative field, plus Minimum of 7-10 years of related experience in the IT/security industry with relevant experience in M&A, network, applications, software, cloud, and/or big data markets.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills and meeting/working session facilitation skills to work with cross-functional teams and senior executives across various business units and global theaters.
· Structured thinker with analytical and security skills to work on complex solutions, challenges and transactions with minimal supervision
We securely connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. We are security thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.
#Acquisition Integration, #Security