Active Directory Windows Engineer
Job Code: 376958
Job Location: New Jersey-Roseland
The Global Business & Technology Solutions organization is looking for a world-class Systems Engineer to fill a vacancy within the Platform Engineering department. This team player will ensure that our infrastructures are designed to the highest standards. The candidate will become a member of a diverse team of information technologists engineering various components of Prudential’s technology landscape.
The ideal candidate will continually evaluate infrastructure effectiveness & security, develop technical direction, and upgrade initiatives. The candidate’s responsibilities include the following:
- Develop cost effective technical engineering solutions that solve business challenges and improve processes; including developing tactical and strategic technical solutions that will address business requirements.
- Work closely with key stakeholders to understand requirements and ensure the solutions developed meet these requirements.
- Work as part of a project team to design new system solutions which includes, implementing proof-of-concepts and presenting with a marketing mindset.
- Contribute to the design, development, and execution of system changes through the end-to-end testing lifecycle.
- Develop capacity forecasts for managed environments that are proactive and prevent problems prior to outages.
- Develop processes and procedures to ensure managed environments maintain the highest levels of availability, security, and quality.
- Candidate must be able to provide 7x24x365 support, accommodate schedule flexibility to deal with escalations and occasional changes during non-core business hours.
Candidate must have the ability to understand and relate product technology, strategy and direction with business needs. The ideal candidate will have the following skills:
- Technical knowledge and experience designing and managing an enterprise Active Directory environment. Experiences include knowledge of PowerShell scripting, applications to manage and monitor including native Windows features and third party solutions like Tivoli, Splunk, InTrust and System Center products.
- Experience in Federated Services technologies to use with SSO, SAML, and cloud authentication.
- Technical knowledge and experience managing core network concepts like DHCP and WINS environments on Windows 2012R2.
- Extensive experience working on Server operating systems such as Windows 2008R2 and Server 2012R2. Some experience with Windows 2016 and Linux a plus.
- Knowledge of interaction between Active Directory, ADFS and cloud mail technologies.
- Knowledge and understanding of technologies like server virtualization, automation, data analytics, enterprise storage, and networks a plus.
- Candidate must have a technologist mindset with aptitude to work on complex projects while possessing organization, time management, and multitasking skills.
- Candidates should have excellent written and oral communication skills with ability to cross-train other members.
- 4 years experience in information technology and a four year Bachelors degree of Science in an Information Systems related field.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.
Job Function: Architecture