Performs full administrative and general office duties in support of a Director and/or department.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
NATURE AND SCOPE
- Schedules and coordinates appointments and makes arrangements for meetings, conferences and travel to ensure effective management of supervisor' s/department' s calendar.
- Screens telephone calls and resolves or refers them as appropriate.
- Prepares routine letters, memorandums, agendas, presentations, forms, etc.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining official documents and records in appropriate files to ensure organization of materials.
- Performs clerical duties such as typing, note taking, and managing daily mail to make certain that order is maintained within the office or department and documents are accurate.
- Maintains Director' s email and voicemail correspondence to maintain adequate and timely communication.
- May require some light accounting/budget review.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Provides primary support to a specific supervisor and/or department.
- No direct reports.
- Typically has frequent contacts outside the workgroup.
- Typically assignments follow existing routines or instructions.
- Typically considers among a few options and past practice when solving problems
- Typically, guidance is always available and prior permission is required before changing work methods.
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Additional Environmental Job Requirements:
Must meet reasonable deadlines, quotas or demands for accuracy and/or may be involved in some mildly difficult situations.
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diplomas and/or GED.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 2 years
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about.
- On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Associate degree is preferred
- PC skills, knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Office tools (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access), Lotus Notes and the Internet.
- Strong written/verbal communication skills, strong organizational skills and attention to detail, strong interpersonal skills.
- Skills in operating office equipment (e.g., fax, copier, phone, etc.)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.