AdTech Senior Software Engineer, Vudu
JobTitle: AdTech Senior Software Engineer, Vudu
VUDU provides high-quality streaming services and access to the latest TV and movie content, often still playing in theaters, so there’s no more waiting to see your favorite films. The VUDU team includes experts in engineering, operations, product management, design, marketing, and customer service. We’re all working together to build and deliver the best streaming experience across hundreds of platforms – from mobile to smart TV.
This software development position will be responsible for design, implementation and unit testing of VUDU’s content delivery and server architecture. This position will be primarily responsible for the company’s core server applications and advertising technology.
Assists in the design of new systems or the redesign of existing systems to meet business requirements, changing needs, or newer technology
Assists others in the development of hardware or software architectural skills
Demonstrates application or system concepts
Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects
Ensures business needs are being met
Implements product development strategies using Agile development processes
Implements strategies for service enabled technologies (for example, service oriented architecture)
Manages architecture or technology projects
Oversees the development of conceptual, logical, or physical systems-related hardware or software designs
Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates
- Bachelors + 5, MS + 3 years experience
- 4+ years of application development experience preferred.
- 1+ years of experience in Advertising Technology (VAST, VPAID, OpenRTB).
- Self-motivated hands on generalist in server software development.
- Experience in developing highly available and scalable network server architectures.
- Start-up work experiences a plus
- Experience in CI-CD (Continues Integration/ Continues Deployment)
- Proficient in core Java and scripted languages (e.g. Python).
- Experience in multi-threaded server application development is essential.
- Experience with web services, application servers and database servers.
- Proficient in performance tuning and monitoring services.
- Proficient with Linux and MySQL required.
- Data center experience is highly desirable.
- CDN knowledge is highly desirable.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
Walmart Global eCommerce is comprised of Walmart.com, VUDU, SamsClub.com, and our technical powerhouse @WalmartLabs. Here, innovators incubate next gen e-commerce solutions in real-time. We integrate online, physical, and mobile shopping experiences for billions of customers around the globe. How do we do it? We continuously build and invest in new technology including open source tools and big data innovations. Data scientists, front and back-end engineers, product managers, and web and UX/UI teams collaborate alongside e-commerce experts to envision, prototype, and bring revolutionary ideas to life in a dynamic, flexible and fun work culture.