Advanced Security Assessment Coordinator
Job Title: Advanced Security Assessment Coordinator
Location: Plano, TX
Category: IT and Internet
The Advanced Security Assessments Coordinator role seeks out weaknesses of the company's infrastructure (systems, applications, and networks) and finds creative ways to protect it. The Advanced Security Assessments Analyst is responsible for analyzing attack and vulnerability data and recommending changes to management (not authorizing and implementing changes). The Remediation Expert will work with security engineers, administrators, and developers (whose primary roles is to ensure that systems are working as designed (i.e. make changes, apply patches and set up new admin users, etc.). Prior experience coordinating efforts between various IT and security teams is a plus.
- Drive remediation of security risks including tracking of issues, action plans, partnering with patch coordination teams, technology/application owners, and business areas to prioritize and enhance remediation efforts
- Lead technology vulnerability remediation efforts through cross functional working committees
- Manage enterprise vulnerability assessment and configuration assessment tools
- Research industry best practices for most effective tactical security practices
- Group and prioritize remediation findings in a manner that increases efficiency
- Asses implementation efforts required for successful testing and deployment of remedial actions
- Assess vulnerabilities; determine and initiate the required remedial action
- Track attestation of controls and update attack surface reporting data
- Identify operational roadblocks to ensure timely remediation and countermeasures
- Conduct internal and external security audits of security controls
- Verify protection levels against end user threats as it relates desktop, laptops and mobile devices
- BS degree in Computer Engineering or CS or a technical field preferred
- 3 - 5 years of experience in two or more of the following: network vulnerability assessments, web application security testing, network penetration testing, red teaming, or security operations
- Experience with security risk assessment, vulnerability triaging and remediation
- Understanding of Windows, UNIX and Linux operating systems functions and security
- Experience with Windows environments and Active Directory concepts
- Knowledge of applications, database, and Web server design and implementation
- Ability to clearly convey results in formal technical reports and deliver briefings to senior client staff
- Strong understanding of network protocols and experience with packet analysis tools
- Strong understanding of cloud computing and virtual infrastructure environments
- An understanding of regulatory requirements: PCI, FFIEC, SOX, HIPAA, ISO 27002 standard
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/People with Disabilities/Protected Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster) & EEO is the Law Supplement (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster-supplement) documents by copying and pasting the appropriate URL in the address bar of your web browser.
To view our Pay Transparency Statement, please click here: Pay Transparency StatementJob Ref: 113270BR",
Performance with Purpose
Out performing ourselves is a rush. That's why we perform with purpose. Together, we blaze new trails, succeed, celebrate and then do something even bigger. We never settle for second best. At PepsiCo we're not just committed to performing well as individuals, but as a team, to strengthen the company as a whole.
Around the world, we're working hard to give people the tastes they crave and the nutrition they need. We dream globally and act locally, constantly innovating to sustain our planet, our people, our communities and our business practices. New markets mean new ways of doing business, and new ways of addressing health concerns, cultural differences and environmental challenges. Every day is an adventure, and an opportunity for personal and professional growth.