Analyst Allocation, Operations
JobTitle: Analyst Allocation, Operations
City: SAN BRUNO
The Walmart.com team is here to provide amazing digital and physical experiences for our customers – with seamless access to products and services they want. Marketplace allows us to present an even wider array of vendor products on Walmart.com and beyond. Behind the scenes, e-commerce experts are focused on category growth, program management, business development, and seller onboarding. We continuously strive to deliver incredible selection, ease, and e-commerce innovation to customers.
Ensuring our customers get the right product in the right place and at the right time is important to the Supply Chain & Logistics team. From supply planning and order management to fulfillment and transportation, our expanding omnichannel supply chain anticipates Walmart.com customers’ needs. We’re not just getting customers what they want today, we’re creating disruptive change with next generation tools and capabilities that will support their needs in the future, all while providing everyday low prices.
The Walmart.com Supply Chain Operations team is looking for individuals who can thrive in a dynamic environment, demonstrate innovative thinking, analyze data and insights at scale, and above all else think every day about how to best meet the needs of our customers. The Operations Analyst- Allocation role sits under the broader Replenishment and Flow team and is responsible for helping to manage systems and processes for driving optimal allocation of inventory across our fulfillment network to maintain in-stock levels and improve our customer experience. This person will drive the daily and weekly management of levers in our allocation system and monitor execution to our allocation strategies, identifying opportunities for process improvement or system enhancements where appropriate. The successful candidate will have a mix of business and data analysis experience, and have the ability to work well with cross functional partners including the following skills:
- Supports the business by actively monitoring allocation of inventory across our fulfillment network and managing constraints/levers within our allocation system as needed.
- Monitors execution of order volumes as they allocate across the buildings and partners with cross-functional teams to communicate risks to the business.
- Drives the development and improvement of new and existing operational tools, reports, and dashboards to monitor the health of the network and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Proactively monitors the health of the network and troubleshoots data issues and performs deep dive analysis to root cause misallocations and data discrepancies.
- Supports creation of business requirements for allocation system changes and supports UAT testing for new enhancements.
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity.
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise in Walmart.com operational data analysis and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans.
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise in Walmart.com operational data analysis and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans
- Designs and performs analyses to address and resolves operational concerns
- Drives the development and improvement of new or existing operational tools, reports, and customer-facing functionality
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions
- 3+ years of experience in supply chain operations or related field
- Proficient in MS excel and SQL
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to analyze data and present findings
- Bachelor’s Degree
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain, business, engineering, mathematics, operations research, statistics, or STEM related fields
- Experience in Tableau or Alteryx a plus
Walmart Global eCommerce is comprised of Walmart.com, VUDU, SamsClub.com, and our technical powerhouse @WalmartLabs. Here, innovators incubate next gen e-commerce solutions in real-time. We integrate online, physical, and mobile shopping experiences for billions of customers around the globe. How do we do it? We continuously build and invest in new technology including open source tools and big data innovations. Data scientists, front and back-end engineers, product managers, and web and UX/UI teams collaborate alongside e-commerce experts to envision, prototype, and bring revolutionary ideas to life in a dynamic, flexible and fun work culture.