Interline Brands, Inc. (“Interline”) is among the nation’s largest distributors and direct marketers of specialty maintenance, repair, and operations (MRO) products, both branded and private label. In 2015, Interline was acquired by The Home Depot®.
It stocks more than 100,000 plumbing, janitorial, electrical, hardware, heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and other MRO products, from more than 3000 suppliers worldwide. Products and value-added services are sold to more than 175,000 active customers, including facilities maintenance customers, professional contractors, and specialty distributors.
Key end-markets include multifamily housing; health care institutions; educational organizations; lodging; plumbing, mechanical, and HVAC contractors; locksmiths and hardware stores. The company operates more than 70 distribution centers / branches and four regional replenishment centers across the United States, which facilitates reliable same-day or next-day delivery service to 98% of the U.S. population.
Interline employs a multi-dimensional sales model to drive market share gains, utilizing the following primary channels: field sales representatives, telesales and direct marketing including online websites, catalogs, business-to-business selling portals, and fliers. With a unified operating platform, the company can sell the same product to various customers utilizing different pricing schedules and different service models, depending on the needs of each customer.
If you want to join a dynamic organization where leadership strives to put their best foot forward with their employees and their clients, come join the Interline Team.
Provide management with creative solutions for customers to establish sufficient credit to meet the customers need, facilitate sales and control risk.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
NATURE AND SCOPE
- Provides support for the Credit Team, actively involved in training of Credit Associates and educating sales force of credit processes
- Assists Credit Supervisor as needed including project work
- Proven ability to negotiate and receive sufficient information from accounts to aid in the credit extension process. Authorized to present most alternatives directly to the customer with limited supervisory review.
- Independently recognizes high risk situations and brings them to the appropriate level of management for review without specific guidelines. Takes appropriate actions to protect Interline’ s interests.
- Ability to make order release decisions on all but the most complicated accounts and routinely provides direction to Credit Associates on order release questions and credit related inquiries from customers/sales representatives.
- Ability to minimize credit losses, contribute to company profitability, strengthen customer stability
- Contributes to problem solving where development of new solutions, methods and systems will result in a positive impact on the department’s overall goals.
- Analyze credit data and financial statements of individuals or firms to determine the degree of risk involved in extending credit
- Other responsibilities as assigned by management
- PPA credit line exposure review weekly
- Document findings for executive review
- Analysis of large customer relationships based on specific portfolio criteria
- Document findings for executive review
- High Dollar credit queues
- Supervisor credit queues
- Works directly with management to evaluate risk and establish credit for a series of specialized accounts such as: Job Accounts, Vendor Managed, Consignment, Rehabs, National Accounts, etc.
- Assist in reviewing customer agreements to identify risks and problematic clauses related to the credit and collection function and other business areas of IBI
Reports to Credit Manager.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diplomas and/or GED.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 0 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Associates or bachelor’s degree in a business discipline is preferred, but equivalent experience in accounting, receivables or payables can replace formal education.
- Advanced Proficiency with MS Office products
- Professional level written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of credit concepts as well as credit and collection laws
- Ability to handle complex issues without supervision
- General knowledge of financial analysis and presentation
- Proven ability to recognize risk within parent / child relationships
- Proven analytical skills and ability to use excel and other systems tools to create basic account or financial analyses
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.