Analyst will be responsible for implementing projects within the Inventory Planning and Replenishment Organization including the planning, designing, and implementing of new systems or changes in existing systems to support inventory strategies that maximize sales and inventory productivity. This role will be responsible for documenting improvement initiatives and provide data driven insight and resolution recommendations. They will be a point of contact with IPR and logistics, work on cross-functional project from a process and/or systems focus and will be charged with implementing multiple initiatives against aggressive schedules. This person will work across functional groups to coordinate efforts and ensure success; drive change management by understanding, communicating, and managing changes associated with system enhancements, implementations and process improvements.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- 20% Documents Business Requirements and processes in a standard format
- 20% Analyze, identify and implement opportunities and corporate initiatives for improvement that have measurable dollar impact each year
- 20% Provide ad-hoc business analysis, metrics, and reporting to support business needs
- 20% Model System Solutions and Scope the system
- 20% Design and develop inventory management and systems training as required
Nature and Scope
Reports to Manager, Inventory Solutions
No associates report to this role on a permanent basis
Environmental Job Requirements
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must pass the Drug Test.
- Must pass Background Check.
- Must pass pre-employment test if applicable.
Education Required - The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience - 1
Physical Job Requirements - Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable. Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Additional Qualifications -
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree with an emphasis in Engineering or Supply Chain Management.
- Previous retail experience in operational inventory management and support.
- Understanding of supply chain management and principles.
- Demonstrate strong analytical and problem solving skills. Ability to quickly retrieve, manipulate, analyze, and interpret data.
- Strong quantitative skills through knowledge of statistics and quantitative data analysis and interpretation.
- Ability to translate analysis to audience and communicate recommendations.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies
- Critical thinking skills to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions; ability to understand and foresee implications of new information for current and future problem solving.
- Ability to work well with others from various departments and values the perspective team members bring to a project.
- Good written and verbal communication skills. Ability to persuade and influence others.
- Strong ability to multi-task and handle competing priorities at once.
- Strong self-starter with ability to work with little supervision and ability to work with a team.
- Analyze, identify and implement opportunities and corporate initiatives for improvement that have measurable dollar impact each year.
- Documents Business Requirements and processes in a standard format.
- Provide ad-hoc business analysis, metrics, and reporting to support business needs.
- Model System Solutions and Scope the system.
- Design and develop inventory management and systems training as required.
- Solid understanding and use of statistical software to manipulate analyze and interpret data. Statistics / Mathematics / Quantitative analysis; Proficiency in Access, Excel, IBM and SQL / Queries, MS Project and Visio; Visual Basic Scripting, DB2/SQ
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.