Analyst.Revenue Recognition 1201231
Location:Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Area of InterestFinance
What You'll Do
The Revenue Accounting Team is responsible for all aspects of revenue accounting for non-standard deals. The goal is to provide global product and service revenue accounting in an effective, holistic, and compliant way to meet the needs of our customers.
The Revenue Accounting Team works closely with the Corporate Revenue, Sales and Services Finance (SSF), Commercial Finance, Mfg. Finance, and other corporate and theater FP&A teams.
The goal is to surround Sales & Services Finance with specialized finance teams that enable them to provide a higher level of value-add support to their business partners.
• Partnering with the Commercial Finance Team, Sales & Services Finance and the wider Finance community to ensure necessary accounting adjustments are properly forecasted for financial and management accounting purposes
• Acts as a point of contact with Sales & Services Finance to ensure accuracy of management and financial accounting (product and service sales bookings) as they relate to the revenue
• Manages the relationship - operational and strategic - with Sales Operations and Sales & Services Finance
• Liaises with internal and external auditors
• Drive the development of monthly reporting metrics
• Liaises and research with IT team for system improvements and/or solutions to data flow from web-based tools to Accounts Receivable Sub-Ledger to General Ledger and other downstream reporting tools, i.e. Business Objects, P&L Cube etc.
• Partners with Credit & Collections Team and A/R Ops to ensure accurate credit memo forecasting.
• Accurately accounts for non-standard deals in accordance with US GAAP requirements and Cisco accounting policy
• Adheres to standard accounting practices with regards to reserve accounting, revenue forecasting, corporate balance sheet review, rebates and special discounts which have a direct impact on the accounting reserves
• Assist in day-to-day accounting activities related to revenue recognition under US GAAP (SOP 97-2, 08-1)
• Ensures revenue reserves are managed and accounted for in an accurate and timely manner
• Ensures monthly accounting entries and processes are strictly adhered to
• Follows all SOX processes for revenue accounting while maintaining up-to-date documentation of processes and test plans and ensures testing is completed without exception
• Assists with all SOX related documentation and testing activities
Skills Required (technical skills and knowledge. Please qualify each of them by “essential”, or “advantageous”):
• Professional experience gained in financial or management accounting (essential)
• Solid technical knowledge of US GAAP accounting and Sarbanes Oxley SOX (essential)
• Basic software revenue recognition experience in SOP 97-2 (essential)
• Ability to manage projects involving others (advantageous)
• Strong IT skills, knowledge of Excel, Oracle Financials, Business Object, Essbase (advantageous)
• Asian languages including Mandarin, Japanese, Korean and others (advantageous)
Who You'll Work With
In our accelerating business environment, Finance delivers value to Cisco’s customers, shareholders and employees by providing a new level of process integration, information and analytics needed for business decisions today. Finance in Cisco plays a strategic role in driving cost efficiency and operational excellence.
We have identified five high-impact business capabilities: Accounting Excellence, Business Demand Planning, Integrated Cash Management, Portfolio Management/Accountability Measures, Strategic Pricing.
To learn more about why Cisco is one of the most productive organizations in the world, read more about our world class systems at (add link).
Team overview & value proposition (scope of the team, what the team does, what is the value that brings to Cisco, why candidates should work for the team)
The Corporate Controller Group (CCG) is comprised of several groups that are committed to supporting business processes with a high level of integrity and credibility through developing, influencing and implementing global financial policy and process and effective partnering.
Who You Are
• Open communicator with the ability to influence business partners (essential)
• Strong problem solving skills and analytical abilities (essential)
• Attention to detail (essential)
• Able to prioritize and meet tight deadlines
• Willing to work in Asia time zone
• Team player
Education and certifications (essential, advantageous. See attachment for certifications that are existing in Poland):
• Large Multi-National company or technology sector experience (advantageous)
• Bachelor’s Degree (advantageous)
• Minimum of 55-8 years work experience in an accounting environment (essential)
• Qualified in either CIMA, ACCA or CPA (essential)
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.