Architect - Natural Language Processing/Machine Learning
Location:Boxborough, Massachusetts, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestBig Data, Analytics, Collaboration, Video, Networking, Security, Software Development, Testing
Who You'll Work With
Cisco's CCBU (Customer Care Business Unit) is an industry leader in Customer Care solutions and is growing its Cloud SaaS engineering teams. The teams work in a high performing agile environment with the latest in cloud development technologies and practices, including continuous delivery, continuous integration, test-driven development and PaaS based development. Articulate the next generation of Customer Care SaaS Solutions with us that will fundamentally change the way companies interact with their customers and will transform this multi-billion-dollar industry. Come, envision, influence and implement the future of customer care with us.
What You'll Do
* You will be the subject matter expert for Natural Language Processing and Machine Learning for application and infrastructure in our Cloud Customer Care services.
* You will be involved from design through implementation to DevOps delivery
* Build efficient software that can scale to support large numbers of users.
* Work within an agile development environment with other developers and product owners to scope, develop and deliver world-class software solutions.
* Maintain effective and structured communication channels with customers as well as up(senior leadership team), across(global engineering teams and cross functional teams) and down(local development teams) the organization.
* Develop team on required skillset with a focus on upcoming technologies and engineering methodologies, enable and encourage innovation in the team.
* Provide mentoring, coaching to team in order to grow talent to next level
* Motivated self-starter who is highly results driven, takes enormous pride in your work and demonstrates a high degree of enthusiasm for engineering excellence.
* Must have the ability to think at a high level about systems and articulate key trade-offs in architecture design.
Who You Are
* BS/MS in CS/EE, 12+ years software development experience
* Experience evaluating and recommending appropriate open source or commercial NLP/ML services, toolsets and approaches for commercial application.
* Hands-on design and development experience with ML solutions, including selecting, training and optimizing machine learning models.
* Thorough understanding of statistical learning techniques, such as maximum entropy models and neural networks, to mine structured and unstructured data, and create insights; analyze and model structured data using advanced statistical methods and utilize software needed to perform analyses.
* Hands-on experienced at applying clustering, topic analysis, text classification, named entity recognition, sentiment analysis, and part-of-speech tagging methods for unstructured and semi-structured data.
* Strong working knowledge of data privacy and security, including transport, storage, and encryption.
* Working experience with programming languages such as R, Java, Python, etc.
* Expertise in DevOps, continuous integration, and continuous delivery.
* Tools & Infrastructure such as Jenkins, Grinder, Selenium/WebDriver, GITHUB, Eclipse,…
* Strong understanding of text pre-processing and normalization techniques, such as tokenization, POS tagging and parsing and how they work at a low level.
* Working experience with Cloud design and development
* Strong data extraction and processing, using MapReduce, Pig, and/or Hive
* Working knowledge of Unix/Linux systems preferably including Docker.
* Experience of using and/or designing RESTful APIs, Spring, Hibernate, …
* Experience working on Voice and Collaboration applications, experience with Contact Center Applications.
* Internationalization/localization design considerations.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate
everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart
cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with
unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works,
lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.