Area Manager-Service Shop (T) relocation available for lateral moves
JobTitle: Area Manager-Service Shop (T) relocation available for lateral moves
- Communicate with (or to) individuals or groups verbally and/or in writing (e.g. customers, suppliers, associates).
- Identify associate, customer, and/or supplier concerns
- Implement the business plan for area of responsibility
- Maintain quality and safety standards in area of responsibility
- Manage daily staffing and workload to meet shop performance goals.
- Manage financial aspects in area of responsibility
- Manage shop operations
- Monitor and manage productivity of area of responsibility
- Supervise and develop associates and leaders in area of responsibility
- Associate's Degree in Business, Logistics, or related field and 1 year supervisory experience OR Bachelor's Degree in Business, Logistics, or related field OR 1 year Walmart Refurb/Service Shop or Walmart Logistics management experience OR 3 years service shop technician experience OR Industrial technical certification (e.g., ASE, Air Conditioning, DOT Brake, DOT Preventative maintenance) and 1 year supervisory experience in heavy duty truck and trailer maintenance
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- 1 year Microsoft Office experience
- 2 or more years truck and trailer maintenance supervisory experience
- Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) Master Truck Certification
- Both Bachelor's Degree in Business, Logistics or related field and 1 year related truck and trailer maintenance supervisory experience
- Commercial Driver s License (CDL)
- Department of Transportation (DOT) certification for air brake systems, preventative maintenance inspection, and air conditioning
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (NYSE: WMT) serves customers and members more than 208 million times per week at more than 8,600 retail units under 59 different banners in 15 countries. With fiscal year 2010 sales of $405 billion, Wal-Mart employs more than 2 million associates worldwide.