Aseptic Process Engineer
Job Title: Aseptic Process Engineer
Location: Barrington, IL
Category: Research & Development
How do you get athletes and exercisers to play harder and perform better for longer amounts of time? How do you lower salt by 25 to 50 percent without taking away the taste people love? How do you balance biological needs with cultural wants, while minimizing impacts to local ecosystems? At PepsiCo, we're rethinking research and development to look beyond flavor, color and intensity of taste. As we study and understand how the body metabolizes foods and beverages, we're designing convenience products that make it easier for consumers to lead healthier lifestyles. Our global team of scientists, engineers, and quality professionals are working to develop new products that can improve people's diets and their lives. Join our team of experts who use the most advance technologies and scientific methods with the purpose of improving lives every day.
Our ideal Dairy/Aseptic Engineer will:
- Commercialize batching and aseptic processing system supporting; dairy beverages/dairy alternative beverages and other nutrition products across North America and some globally.
- Stay abreast of process technologies for blending, aseptic processing, dairy and dairy alternative beverages. Use knowledge to; enhance commercialization by identifying and testing alternatives, influencing capabilities we should have in our pilot plants and identifying opportunities for competitive advantage.
- Very good knowledge and experience developing and reducing to practice mixing of powders and or aseptic processing.
- Demonstrate thought leadership and influence. Design laboratory and pilot plant testing; following good scientific protocol, controlling for extraneous variables and experimental biases. Must consider commercial scale up in experimental designs.
- Collect data and analyze using statistical methods.
- Excellent documentation of work. Make design recommendations that always deliver food safety and product quality, plus also consider operating and capital cost.
- Contribute to and/or lead multi-functional teams within R&D.
- Represent technical function on multi-functional business teams and with external partners.
- Identify and pursue changes in work processes, pilot plant capabilities, engineering tools, etc. that reduce the risk, cost and time to commercialize.
- BS or MS preferred: Chemical, Mechanical, or Food Engineering with 5+ yrs of experience.
- Background in process development and commercialization of aseptic processes and/or support of manufacturing operations is required. Preference for dairy &/or dairy alternative beverage processing.
- Ability to define and lead projects and direct/motivate project teams.
- Demonstrated ability to function effectively in stressful, fast-paced situations, with the personal leadership to influence and positively motivate self, peers and cross-functional multi-cultural teams.
- Demonstrated track record of identifying and reducing to practice technologies for consumer packaged goods companies to solve challenging business needs.
- Knowledge of design engineering, particularly in aseptic processing, fluid dynamics, heat transfer, sanitary piping practices and process/instrumentation diagrams.
- Experience with hygienic process design and related training.
- Ability to listen to others needs and identify technical solutions, Then ability to refine those solutions and manage internal and external partner's expectations against technical and business success criteria with limited available resources.
Demonstrated Personal Traits:
- Innovative/Creative/High Energy/Strategic Thinker
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability and confidence to use limited data to identify risks and not proceed when food and human safety might be negatively impacted.
- Drive for results/Team Player (good interpersonal skills, able to inspire/lead others)/Positive, \"can do\" attitude
- 20-30% travel mostly within North America and some globally
- Leading commercialization of multiple projects and process technologies simultaneously.
- Making adjustments to content, mode and style of communication to insure all partners, especially project team & leadership, understand the commercialization design, risks, timeline and resource needs.
- Effectively determining what risks are and alternatives to mitigate risk without compromise to Food Safety and Quality.
- Ability to plan, conduct and direct experimental designs from screening experiments through commercialization of the technologies against focused business needs across multiple project teams and different cultures.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/People with Disabilities/Protected Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster) & EEO is the Law Supplement (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster-supplement) documents by copying and pasting the appropriate URL in the address bar of your web browser.
To view our Pay Transparency Statement, please click here: Pay Transparency StatementJob Ref: 114464BR",
Performance with Purpose
Out performing ourselves is a rush. That's why we perform with purpose. Together, we blaze new trails, succeed, celebrate and then do something even bigger. We never settle for second best. At PepsiCo we're not just committed to performing well as individuals, but as a team, to strengthen the company as a whole.
Around the world, we're working hard to give people the tastes they crave and the nutrition they need. We dream globally and act locally, constantly innovating to sustain our planet, our people, our communities and our business practices. New markets mean new ways of doing business, and new ways of addressing health concerns, cultural differences and environmental challenges. Every day is an adventure, and an opportunity for personal and professional growth.