Assistant Gen Counsel(CA)-LEG
JobTitle: Assistant Gen Counsel(CA)-LEG
City: SAN BRUNO
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. seeks an attorney with a minimum of 6 years of intellectual property litigation experience in law firm and/or corporation settings. The successful candidate will work strategically to manage trademark, copyright, patent and other intellectual property disputes.
This job will be based in Bentonville, Arkansas.
- Independently manage all aspects of intellectual property disputes, including working closely with outside counsel, internal business and legal stakeholders to manage litigation/claim matters, will review pleadings, discovery requests and responses, and motions.
- Provide counsel on intellectual property issues.
- Draft and negotiate licenses, settlement agreements, and manage indemnification issues.
- Developing and fostering relationships with business partners
- Identifies, assesses and manages IP risk to the company
- 5 years legal experience post-degree.
- Law degree from an accredited law school.
- License to practice law in at least one state.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- At least 6 years of intellectual property litigation experience; in-house and/or retail experience a plus.
- Experience in handling claims and litigation involving intellectual property, including ability to analyze and predict associated costs.
- Must be organized and have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must be proactive, self-starter, and a good team player.
- Excellent academic credentials.
What started small, with a single discount store and the simple idea of selling more for less, has grown over the last 50 years into the largest retailer in the world. Today, nearly 260 million customers visit our more than 11,500 stores under 72 banners in 28 countries and e-commerce sites in 11 countries each week. With fiscal year 2016 revenue of $482.1 billion, Walmart employs 2.3 million associates worldwide – 1.5 million in the U.S. alone. It’s all part of our unwavering commitment to creating opportunities and bringing value to customers and communities around the world.