Associate Actuary (Modeling Analytics)
Job Code: 404878
Job Location: New Jersey-Newark
Prudential Retirement is an industry leader in Stable Value, Pension Risk Transfer, Structured Settlements and Full Service businesses. One of the major growth engines for Retirement over the past several years has been the longevity reinsurance market, where Prudential agrees to pay actual pension benefit obligations in exchange for fixed premiums. This is a new position on the Retirement Actuarial’s Strategic Modeling & Analytics Solutions Team. The individual will play a critical role in supporting the development of an end-to-end valuation process for our growing longevity reinsurance business. In particular, the individual will be focused on the development of Retirement’s future state reporting infrastructure and analytics solutions.
This is an excellent opportunity to leverage superior process/project management skills to develop, drive, and communicate the future state vision of the Retirement valuation process.
This individual will play an integral role in an enterprise-wide, cross-functional initiative to streamline and enhance processes and systems.
• Support long term goal of a fully automated valuation system capable of satisfying growing demands for faster and more complex analysis.
• Help drive the integration of the Consolidated Reporting Process into the Liability Data Warehouse Infrastructure by developing understanding of process flows, business needs, and technical requirements
• Shape the design of prototype reporting solutions and analytics to support valuation and reporting for the longevity reinsurance business.
• Collaborate with business group actuaries (Modeling, Financial Reporting, Pricing, and Corporate Actuarial) and business partners (IT, Finance, and Governance) to create detailed business requirements for valuation data warehouse, source of earnings analysis, and reporting facilities.
• Generate process maps/flows in support of business requirement documents
• Research, evaluate and recommend a long-term Business Intelligence solution to integrate with the end-to-end valuation process, enabling timely, agile, intuitive and insightful analyses.
• Be an active participant in Prudential’s actuarial community
• Degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Finance, Computer Science or other quantitative related field is preferred.
• Associate of the Society of Actuaries designation (ASA) or near ASA preferred.
• Knowledge of Retirement products, pricing, and asset/liability management is preferred.
• Strong project and process management skills
• Highly motivated, innovative, and creative problem solver and conceptual thinker
• Superior technical skills and ability to understand complex quantitative concepts and models, and effectively communicate findings to both actuarial and non-actuarial business partners.
• Strong command of Microsoft Excel and experience with VBA macros
• Ability to manage multiple initiatives, competing priorities, and drive projects to completion in a fast paced, dynamic environment
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.
Job Function: Actuarial