Associate Actuary (Modeling)
Job Code: 396098
Job Location: Connecticut-Hartford
· Works collaboratively with business partners throughout the Prudential organization to support the development and maintenance of a long-term asset/liability modeling platform for Prudential Retirement’s entire book of business which can be leveraged for many uses (asset adequacy testing, forecasting, pricing, portfolio strategy and tactics analyses, stress testing, risk aggregation, etc.).
· Builds, parameterizes, and supports the creation of a production environment for ALM and investment-related modeling, helping to ensure a controlled and optimized modeling platform.
· Partners to develop and refine ALM modeling needs in support of product development, pricing, and product management for the Retirement lines of business.
· Partners closely with others on the Modeling and Governance Team, Valuation Team, Pricing VPs, and Actuarial teams.
· Serves as key resource in validating or implementing ALM modeling changes and coordinates with business partners to complete User Acceptance Testing in a timely manner.
· Ensures adherence to appropriate corporate governance, controls, and documentation policies/procedures
Experience with actuarial modeling software required. Examples of actuarial modeling software include TAS, MG-ALFA, Prophet, GGY Axis, etc.
· Knowledge of industry knowledge and experience, focusing on Retirement Products, valuation, pricing, asset/liability management and risk management work is preferred.
· Demonstrated ability to partner with other quantitative resources to build controlled, production-environment quantitative models and tools.
· Ability to convey a sense of urgency and to work productively with internal and corporate business partners (ALM, product, actuarial, finance, tax, treasurers, etc.)
· Collaborative and team-oriented leadership and work style.
· Quantitative actuarial/asset/investment/risk modeling experience.
· Self-motivated individual with strong analytical, interpersonal, and communication skills.
· Strong computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Access, Word, and Visual Basic
· Bachelor’s degree is required; MS in Mathematics, Computer Science or related field preferred.
· Associate of the Society of Actuaries designation (ASA) with 3 years of actuarial experience
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.
Job Function: Actuarial