The Associate Communications Specialist will assist the Associate Communications Manager in executing multifaceted communication plans. The Associate Communications Specialist partners with project owners to execute projects from start to finish, providing a master timetable, cost analysis, cost estimates, and audience analysis for all communications. This position works to develop metrics and provide measurement to assess effectiveness of communications as needed. Builds partnerships with clients and provides exceptional client service. Works with creative teams (writers, designers, producers, and other communications specialists) to implement projects using multiple communication vehicles. This position is responsible for supporting the communication needs for one or more of the following functional areas, which may include but are not limited to CEO communications, internal corporate communications, HR communications, merchandising communications or for one of the enterprise-wide communications vehicles (i.e., myApron).
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
NATURE AND SCOPE
- 25% Execute effective communication plans and writes communications in support of business objectives for assigned team.
- 25% Builds effective partnerships to understand the business and functional area supported. Participates in team, staff, and production meetings.
- 25% Provide metrics, measurement, and evaluation and reporting as needed in support of projects.
- 25% Works with other communications colleagues (CCEA and Store Communications organization) and creative teams to implement projects using multiple communication vehicles.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Typically reports to Associate Communications Manager or Sr. Manager
- No associates report to this role on a permanent basis, but requires the technical leadership of a project work team: may select team members and assess capabilities, provide technical training, provide information necessary to meet work, project or program objectives, evaluate program or project performance.
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Additional Environmental Job Requirements:
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 2 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Degree in communications related field (Communication, English, Journalism, Public Relations)
- Experience in retail industry preferred
- Proven record of skills including multi-tasking, work prioritization, organizational skills, and meeting deadlines
- Strong written and oral communication skills including advanced knowledge of grammar and punctuation
- Thinks creatively
- Analytical skills
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.