Associate Manager, Consumer Insights - Mtn Dew
Job Title: Associate Manager, Consumer Insights - Mtn Dew
Location: White Plains, NY
Category: Marketing / Communications
The Company & Culture:
PepsiCo is home to some of the world's biggest food and beverage brands, including twenty-two $1B+ brands. Our unique culture is one of forward-thinking, ground-breaking and innovative leadership in a fast-paced environment. At PepsiCo, we're committed to the development of our employees and, as such, seek to hire bright, creative, high potential talent that we can continue to grow into progressively senior roles in the company.
Join the Consumer Insights Team and help lead the Mtn Dew Insights agenda for North America Beverages in White Plains, NY. This is a high visibility role working on the fastest growing CSD brand of PepsiCo. An instrumental member of integrated cross-functional teams, this Associate Manager will act as a key strategic business partner, passionately advocating for the consumer to ensure both short and long term business outcomes for the TM Dew portfolio.
The Dew Consumer Insights Associate Manager will serve as the voice of the consumer and will partner closely with marketing to ensure business decisions are grounded in relevant consumer needs. In addition to providing research expertise and actionable insights, you'll be a thought-leader and key cross-functional partner.
Along with the Insights Senior Director and Senior Manager, this role will drive consumer insights by anticipating / shaping key business questions, designing the learning agenda, and impacting decisions across innovation, communication, and commercialization. This successful candidate will also manage the Dew Green Room, which is Dew's online consumer community.
- Partner with manager to design research against business objectives, timelines, and budgets for TM Dew brand initiatives.
- Provide guidance to business team in identifying key business issues and opportunities.
- Present learning and insights as a basis for strategic decision-making. Incorporate consumer-based insights across all planning, including marketing initiatives, consumer communications as well as annual and strategic business planning.
- Act as a champion of consumer empathy and fostering a 'learning culture'.
- Provide input on supplier selection, activity and workflow to ensure cost efficient, accurate, and timely completion of projects.
- Through partnering with the Advanced Analytics team, leverage syndicated data (i.e. IRI scanner and panel data, etc.) to help monitor and diagnose the brand/category and address business issues.
- Partner with cross-functional teams on innovation and communication initiatives.
- Experience with a range of qualitative and quantitative research techniques
- Familiarity with IRI/Nielsen scanner and panel data; ideally experience interpreting and applying
- Ability to challenge the status quo
- Strong storytelling skills, with an ability to translate data to insight in a concise fashion
- Analytical rigor, with proven capability conducting quantitative portfolio and growth analysis
- Ability to excel in a high demand, performance-driven environment and working on multiple tasks in parallel
- Strong strategic thinking and creative problem solving
- Be highly motivated and entrepreneurial
- Collaboration / teamwork skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Sense of fiscal responsibility
- Demonstrated ability to influence others
Minimum Job Requirements:
- 2+ years of relevant marketing research experience with a consumer packaged goods company or strategic consulting agency
- 4+ years total experience as a consumer research professional; Bachelor's Degree; Advanced Degree preferred.
- It is important the individual be well-versed in research methodologies and possess the ability to apply research to address business challenges.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/People with Disabilities/Protected Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster) & EEO is the Law Supplement (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster-supplement) documents by copying and pasting the appropriate URL in the address bar of your web browser.
To view our Pay Transparency Statement, please click here: Pay Transparency StatementJob Ref: 114239BR",
Performance with Purpose
Out performing ourselves is a rush. That's why we perform with purpose. Together, we blaze new trails, succeed, celebrate and then do something even bigger. We never settle for second best. At PepsiCo we're not just committed to performing well as individuals, but as a team, to strengthen the company as a whole.
Around the world, we're working hard to give people the tastes they crave and the nutrition they need. We dream globally and act locally, constantly innovating to sustain our planet, our people, our communities and our business practices. New markets mean new ways of doing business, and new ways of addressing health concerns, cultural differences and environmental challenges. Every day is an adventure, and an opportunity for personal and professional growth.