Associate Manager, Customer Excellence
Job Code: 400578
Job Location: Minnesota-Plymouth
Find the Right Fit
The Customer Office team at Prudential merges the entrepreneurial spirit of a start-up with the stability of one of the world’s most established financial services companies. Prudential helps people of all ages and backgrounds grow and protect their wealth through offering products and services, such as life insurance, annuities, retirement, mutual funds and investment management. We leverage digital technology and advanced data analytics to make lives better for our customers – our team of entrepreneurial, enthusiastic, and customer-focused individuals strive to delight Prudential customers in every interaction.
Make an Impact
What can you do? Join us, and be a part of this customer-centric thinking organization. You can help engage 30 million customers, deliver value to grow ~$1 trillion in assets under management, and redefine the paradigm of Customer Experience in an industry ripe for innovation.
Be a Part of the Solution
Join the team as an Associate Mgr., Customer Service – you will be on the ground floor of an exciting opportunity. As an Associate Mgr., you will directly and indirectly develop and deepen Prudential’s relationships with customers. This means customer service, and building a team of customer relationship representatives, but taken to the next level – have you ever told stories to an anxious customer on the phone? Offered a kind ear when the root of their frustration isn’t even about the product itself? Do you have ideas about how customer service can be improved? We want to hear about it! This opportunity includes helping to build and test a “best in class” working infrastructure and culture, and helping to develop a team that will support the deepening customer relationships as the product grows and the audience expands
· Responsible for day to day operations of multiple customer service teams, providing superior customer service
· May involve supervisory responsibility for a team of customer service associates
· Provides procedural and technical guidance to customer service teams responsible for transaction processing, customer support, issue resolution and case management
· Monitoring quality of performance and reporting key performance metrics.
· Analyzing associate/team data and identifying growth and developmental opportunities.
· Coordinate team and individual training needs in relation to quality, productivity goals, procedures and customer service.
· Support the efforts in researching and resolving complex procedural issues. Manage escalated inquiries and/or complex case situations.
· Identify and champion process improvement initiatives
· Support start-up activities at all levels of the team that will perform sales, service and operations.
· Support the department in identifying technical project requirements and participating in business requirement walkthroughs
· Support and coordinate departmental projects and initiatives that may cross business and site lines.
· Experience managing a team
· Exceptional Customer Service skills
· Proven experience building relationships, fostering team work and driving results internally and across departments.
· Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to partner effectively and build professional relationships
· Proven experience meeting department/team/individual goals and objectives
· Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present training topics and relevant information to staff members and leaders
· Process management and process improvement experience required
· Takes ownership of problems and demonstrates a sense of urgency with resolving problems/issues
· Ability to work independently, prioritize effectively and handle multiple tasks
· Flexibility to adopt to changing priorities and business needs
· Highly motivated individual who demonstrates a “can-do” attitude
· Creativity, initiative and the ability to deliver results in a fast-paced, changing environment
· Intermediate PC skills including solid knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Power point)
· Bachelor degree or equivalent work experience preferred
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.
Job Function: Customer Service and Call Center