Associate Manager, Customer Service
Job Code: 399438
Job Location: New Jersey-Roseland
The Office of Service members' Group Life Insurance (OSGLI) administers the Servicemembers' Group Life Insurance program (SGLI). SGLI offers life insurance products to servicemembers, veterans, and their families. Prudential has been administering this program since 1965.
Prudential currently has an opening for an Associate Manager in the OSGLI Customer Service Center which handles all correspondence and customer inquiries related to the Program. This individual will lead and support a team of Customer Service Professionals dedicated to providing service for the SGLI Program and our customer, the Department of Veterans Affairs. This individual will manage the day-to-day operations of the team, providing both administrative and technical support, with responsibility for monitoring and driving best in class service. The successful candidate must be committed to delivering the highest level of quality and service and be a true customer advocate, demonstrate initiative and drive continuous quality improvement. Strong leadership and staff development skills are key attributes for this position.
Prudential has been ranked by G.I. Jobs Magazine as a “Top 100 Military Friendly Employer” and we encourage veterans to apply.
Monitoring and reporting key performance metrics
- Responding to escalated inquires and complex/sensitive case situations
- Working with internal and external partners to reach the correct outcome on customer issues
- Assisting in managing the performance management process for the team
- Assisting with recruitment, hiring, and training and development of staff
- Supporting customer service initiatives and projects as assigned
- Supporting and promoting process improvement methodologies and best practices that enhance customer service and increase employee satisfaction and engagement
- Contributing to the team’s success by partnering with other managers to review operating procedures and processes, ensuring that the best possible service is maintained and the ultimate customer experience is provided
- Creating and monitoring process flows for the overall direction of the Call Center; process flows include, but aren’t limited to: inbound calls, outbound calls and fulfillment requests
- Managing the Call Center by monitoring productivity levels, identifying opportunities to optimize operational efficiencies and cost controls; and developing and implementing changes that will improve efficiencies and the Call Center's performance.
- Analyzing results of customer surveys to secure opportunities for process enhancements
- Completing other assignments as directed
- Minimum of 3 years supervisory experience and operations experience or equivalent military experience
- Bachelors degree strongly preferred; MBA or advanced education a plus
- Demonstrated supervisory experience managing call center process flow, average call time, call volume and high customer service levels preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple assignments concurrently
- Demonstrated initiative and motivation through success in previous roles
- Strong customer service mindset as demonstrated through previous experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite
- Flexibility and responsiveness to change; the ability to be a change agent for the team
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
Any applicant selected for this position will be required to submit to a background screening, including a criminal and credit check, conducted by the Department of Veterans Affairs as a condition of employment in the Office of Servicemembers' Group Life Insurance. An applicant's refusal or failure to comply with this requirement will cause the applicant to become ineligible for this position. In addition, an applicant's failure to pass the Department of Veterans Affairs background screen may result in disciplinary action up to and including the termination of employment.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.
Job Function: Call Center Operations