Associate Manager, Expense Planning & Analysis
Job Code: 398219
Job Location: Connecticut-Hartford
The Planning & Analysis Associate Manager position in Expense Management is responsible for the consolidation of Prudential Retirement’s overall expense budget. In addition, this role supports the quarterly forecast and annual planning cycle, as well as governs and controls the data integrity around system inputs. The ideal candidate is a results oriented team player with an affinity for transforming financial data into actionable analytics.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Assist the Director of the team in planning and coordination of quarterly forecast cycle and annual planning process deliverables.
- Support the Expense team in managing the inputs into, and completeness of, the Clarity / Obero forecast system; Own data integrity of Retirement’s enterprise expenses via Clarity / Obero
- Support expense team in the annual expense allocations review and update process; propose solutions to make the allocations process more data driven and assist in developing a model to incorporate volumes/drivers into the allocation setting process.
- Support the production of post-allocated forecast and actual expense results, perform reasonability checks, ensure the post-allocated expense story has been properly vetted, and distribute to Business Finance Organizations; partner on process improvements relative to the post allocated expense results
- Produce enterprise view of management reporting of expenses monthly actual expense report; provide variance analysis on a quarterly basis
- Transform data into information by creating standard excel charts and tables for PowerPoint presentations, performing analytics, and developing executive messaging
- Own Expense Policies and be the central point of contact for policy questions
- Identify and implement process efficiencies within the existing forecasting process.
- Participate in new initiatives, continuous improvement and ad-hoc projects as needed
- Undergraduate degree required, with a major in Finance or Accounting preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in financial analysis, accounting or financial reporting
- Advanced skills in MS Excel (e.g. proficient in data extraction and manipulation)
- Familiarity with Oracle Ledger, Clarity forecast (Obero forecasting tool) and reporting tools (SQB, Essbase) or similar systems is strongly preferred
- Ability to acquire deep knowledge of data and system flows, and drive efficient and effective changes for better controls and reporting
- Strong process and control mindset
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills; ability to handle multiple tasks
- Self-motivated and proactive with ability to work independently
- Team Player, flexible, comfortable interacting with all levels of management within Finance
- Strong interpersonal, partnering and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and research and analytical skills
- Discretion to deal with confidential information
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced, challenging environment
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.
Job Function: Accounting/Finance