Associate Manager, Operations
JobTitle: Associate Manager, Operations
City: SAN BRUNO
The Walmart.com team is here to provide amazing digital and physical experiences for our customers – with seamless access to products and services they want. Marketplace allows us to present an even wider array of vendor products on Walmart.com and beyond. Behind the scenes, e-commerce experts are focused on category growth, program management, business development, and seller onboarding. We continuously strive to deliver incredible selection, ease, and e-commerce innovation to customers.
Ensuring our customers get the right product in the right place and at the right time is important to the Supply Chain & Logistics team. From supply planning and order management to fulfillment and transportation, our expanding omnichannel supply chain anticipates Walmart.com customers’ needs. We’re not just getting customers what they want today, we’re creating disruptive change with next generation tools and capabilities that will support their needs in the future, all while providing everyday low prices.
The AOM reports to the Manager of Operations, Transportation. This role focuses on driving medium-to-long term improvements in Inbound processes. This includes (but is not limited to) analyzing and improving Inbound execution, MABD compliance, and Inbound Transportation projects. The AOM will develops tools to support Inbound Transportation initiatives by collaborating with cross-functional teams to determine needs; identifying reporting requirements; developing solutions and building processes to ensure accurate use of new tools; and analyzing the impact to the business based on performance data. They will lead cross-functional improvement projects by identifying projects that add the most value to the business and prioritizing projects based on their value; researching necessary information to ensure improvement projects address the root cause of identified opportunities; utilizing transportation expertise to identify needed fixes; making recommendations to cross-functional teams regarding sustainable solutions; and working with cross functional teams to drive execution of improvement plans. They will also provide supervision and development opportunities for associates by hiring and training; mentoring; assigning duties; providing recognition; and ensuring diversity awareness.
(1) Inbound Transportation Execution (50%)
- Subject matter expert on Inbound Transportation.
- Drive operational improvements for Must Arrive By Date (MABD).
- Executed and become subject matter expert on Transportation systems set up and maintenance.
- Generate analyses, presentations, and recommendations to drive operational improvements.
- Develop, refine, and report on KPIs (key performance indicators) for the Operations leadership team and Walmart.com executive management.
- Develop relationships with Carriers, freight management, Wal-Mart Stores logistics, and transportation in Bentonville, and other operational groups to best leverage existing assets.
(2) Transportation Strategy (25%)
- Support the development of the constantly evolving Walmart.com Transportation strategy such as consolidation or PO migration.
- Improve scalability of transportation procedures to support business growth.
- Perform industry, competitor, and customer research to identify trends, opportunities, and threats.
- Model the impact that sales and DC network growth have on transportation expense and KPIs; develop strategies to reduce outbound expense based on the future state of the business.
(3) Talent Development (25%)
- Become a subject matter expert on Inbound Transportation and systems support.
- Manage and develop a team of two Associates. Train new team members on systems management, MABD compliance, and Inbound execution.
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise in Walmart.com Operations and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans
- Ensures analyses are communicated to cross-functional business partners and external partners
- Leads process improvement and cross-functional projects for Walmart.com Operations to completion
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Performs analyses to identify operational issues or areas for improvement
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions
- Researches and resolves issues for Walmart.com Operations
- 3+ years of experience in Supply Chain, Logistics, eCommerce Operations, or in a Business Analyst capacity.
- 2+ years of people management in multiple areas
- Knowledge of MS-Excel, Tableau, and SQL
- Minimal travel required
- Can be available on evenings and weekends as needed
- BA/BS or MBA/MS degree in supply chain, business, engineering, mathematics, operations research or statistics
- Preferred experience: 2+ years of Transportation industry experience.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Preferred skills:.Knowledge of MS-PowerPoint, MS-Access, VBA and database mining knowledge
- Prior familiarity with data blending using tools like Alteryx is a plus
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once while ensuring deadlines are met and data output is accurate and appropriate for the business.
- Must also be able to deal with ambiguity and make independent decisions about what data and approach is best for the task at hand.
- Good collaboration with cross-functional partners that include: Merchandising, Suppliers, Facilities, Carriers, Customer Service.
- Execute / meet deadlines with a focus on accurate data and clear communication.
Walmart Global eCommerce is comprised of Walmart.com, VUDU, SamsClub.com, and our technical powerhouse @WalmartLabs. Here, innovators incubate next gen e-commerce solutions in real-time. We integrate online, physical, and mobile shopping experiences for billions of customers around the globe. How do we do it? We continuously build and invest in new technology including open source tools and big data innovations. Data scientists, front and back-end engineers, product managers, and web and UX/UI teams collaborate alongside e-commerce experts to envision, prototype, and bring revolutionary ideas to life in a dynamic, flexible and fun work culture.