Associate Manager - Treasury Risk Management
Job Title: Associate Manager - Treasury Risk Management
Location: Purchase, NY
PepsiCo's Treasury Risk Management function is responsible for evaluating business exposures and assessing the financial impact of a risk of loss. The team develops and implements strategies to reduce PepsiCo's overall cost of risk which considers the level of risk to retain versus transfer, and establishes the methodology for allocating insurance related expenses.
The Associate Manager role will include the following responsibilities:
- Annual Operating Plan (Budget): Develop and maintain model for insurance AOP, Actuals versus Forecast; including division cost allocations. Provide Corporate Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) with insurance cost charges. Communicate changes in insurance premiums and fees to sector FP&A teams and prepare and distribute premium allocation invoices.
- Actuarial Analysis Process: Manage the annual actuarial analysis process to determine ultimate losses and calculate/record casualty retained loss adjustments. Interface with Actuaries and meet with Division accounting and planning teams on a regular basis to clarify financial impacts and review reserve exposures.
- Data Analytics: Collect, analyze and harmonize loss data and develop insightful management reporting to ensure effective monitoring of results. Support the data maintenance of PepsiCo's Risk Management Information System(s), including organizational structure updates and insurance carrier data feeds. Work closely with PepsiCo's third-party claims administrator on mapping Casualty claims to the appropriate internal divisions. Partner with division Health and Safety teams to identify opportunities to reduce loss activity and the projected impact of these actions on retained losses.
- Insurance Renewals: Assist with Management Liability and US Casualty renewals, including completing insurance applications and preparing underwriting data to support PepsiCo insurance programs. Oversee Special Crime, Employed Lawyers, and D&O insurance programs.
- Counterparty review: Compile and review PepsiCo's counterparty exposure to the insurance companies participating on PepsiCo's insurance programs. Compare insurer limits maintained across all coverage lines to insurers' key financial indicators. Utilize rating agency data, news reports, and press releases to update the counterparty risk presentation, which is provided on a monthly basis to senior Treasury management for review and approval.
- AD HOC PROJECTS: Manage and/or support ad hoc projects at the discretion of the Assistant Treasurer or Sr. Director. This includes coordinating and building PowerPoint presentations for PEP senior management and/or divisional contacts. Support Casualty group on project management, meeting coordination, and other strategic initiatives, including extensive cross-functional alignment with Legal, Tax, and Accounting groups.
- Bachelor's degree required / MBA preferred with coursework in finance, accounting, technology systems. Insurance/risk management designations (e.g., CPCU, ARM )
- Minimum 5 years (pre or post MBA) risk management or insurance industry work experience in a complex, multinational organization (preferred)
- Proficient in Microsoft applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) and ability to work with other system applications
- Familiarity with RMIS software. Ability to troubleshoot system or data issues and reach resolution
- Attention to detail, well organized and able to manage various projects, priorities and deadlines
- Adept at working in a cross-functional team environment
- Excellent analytic, verbal and written communication skills
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/People with Disabilities/Protected Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster) & EEO is the Law Supplement (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster-supplement) documents by copying and pasting the appropriate URL in the address bar of your web browser.
To view our Pay Transparency Statement, please click here: Pay Transparency StatementJob Ref: 116733BR",
Performance with Purpose
Out performing ourselves is a rush. That's why we perform with purpose. Together, we blaze new trails, succeed, celebrate and then do something even bigger. We never settle for second best. At PepsiCo we're not just committed to performing well as individuals, but as a team, to strengthen the company as a whole.
Around the world, we're working hard to give people the tastes they crave and the nutrition they need. We dream globally and act locally, constantly innovating to sustain our planet, our people, our communities and our business practices. New markets mean new ways of doing business, and new ways of addressing health concerns, cultural differences and environmental challenges. Every day is an adventure, and an opportunity for personal and professional growth.