Associate Packaging Engineer - Quality
Job Title: Associate Packaging Engineer - Quality
Location: Purchase, NY
Category: Research & Development
This is a Quality Assurance position reporting to Manager of Quality Assurance for R&D Global Functions, Governance & Compliance (GFGC).
This position will support the corporate Quality Assurance group for PepsiCo's North America Beverage R&D GFGC organization. The candidate will assist in implementation of PepsiCo's Quality metrics and standards through successful commercialization of changes to current product/process/package that deliver a reduction of cost of goods sold and/or assure the maintenance of finished goods quality.
The candidate will be responsible to work cross functionally with R&D, Global Procurement & Operations to establish packaging specifications that elevate & sustain superior quality throughout the supply chain in a cost-effective way
Work with cross-functional teams to create accurate timelines, clear success criteria and to meet technical stage gate requirements. The identified individual will work closely with his/her manager to collaborate and coordinate with a wide array of stakeholders (Product or Package Development, Supply Chain, Procurement, Engineering, Commercialization, and Quality Control). This will ensure PepsiCo will maintain standard, comprehensive, and systematic processes within Corporate R&D, North America Beverage R&D, and across the supply chain that are recognized as critical to success in this space.
- Ideal candidate will be a packaging professional with extensive quality experience (in practice or in function), or a quality professional with extensive packaging material experience.
- The selected candidate will assist in the successful commercialization of changes to current packages and ensures finished goods are safe, stable, legal and are launched on time and meet design specifications.
- Attend Technical Stage Gate meetings and provide aligned Quality Assurance feedback and point of view. Support and ensure that project teams are meeting all mandatory requirements going through the Stage Gate process from Ideation through Execution.
- Support the ongoing creation, implementation and management of multiple Global Quality Metrics Systems such as Stage Gate Compliance, External Lab Authorization, Quality System Assessments, Manufacturing Readiness,etc.
- Track quality performance through the entire supply chain to identify opportunities for quality improvement and lead the company to achieve them
- Support troubleshooting of packaging quality issues at vendors & plants.
- Support change-management and process improvement as an R&D Quality Champion.
- Utilize Quality Tools such as Six Sigma, FMEA's and Risk Assessments to facilitate development activities, identify potential issues/risks and formulate mitigation steps prior to commercialization.
- Support the development and implementation of quality systems including Manufacturing Control Plans and supporting Quality documents associated with new launches and technology initiatives.
- Define/plan/execute Quality Assurance programs to meet the short and long-term strategic needs of the business.
- Bachelor of Science with minimum 3 years demonstrated success in Quality Assurance, Operations and/or R&D/technical background. Packaging professional a plus.
- Six Sigma experience would be a plus
- Knowledge and experience in beverage processes including products, packaging and process equipment.
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices, CQV, audit practices. Certified Quality Auditor or Certified Quality Engineer a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to identify critical data and distill into business-focused technical recommendations.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with ambiguity and change
- Strong leadership, influencing & consensus building skills
- Proven track record of achievement in a matrix organization and an ability to cultivate good cross functional partnerships
- Excellent communication & presentation skills; ability to simplify complex concepts & systems to drive alignment around critical objectives
- Willingness to travel 50%
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/People with Disabilities/Protected Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster) & EEO is the Law Supplement (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster-supplement) documents by copying and pasting the appropriate URL in the address bar of your web browser.
To view our Pay Transparency Statement, please click here: Pay Transparency StatementJob Ref: 116625BR",
Performance with Purpose
Out performing ourselves is a rush. That's why we perform with purpose. Together, we blaze new trails, succeed, celebrate and then do something even bigger. We never settle for second best. At PepsiCo we're not just committed to performing well as individuals, but as a team, to strengthen the company as a whole.
Around the world, we're working hard to give people the tastes they crave and the nutrition they need. We dream globally and act locally, constantly innovating to sustain our planet, our people, our communities and our business practices. New markets mean new ways of doing business, and new ways of addressing health concerns, cultural differences and environmental challenges. Every day is an adventure, and an opportunity for personal and professional growth.