Healthcare isn’t just changing. It’s growing more complex every day. ICD-10 Coding replaces ICD-9. Affordable Care adds new challenges and financial constraints. Where does it all lead? Hospitals and Healthcare organizations continue to adapt, and we are vital part of their evolution. And that’s what fueled these exciting new opportunities.
Who are we? Optum360. We’re a dynamic new partnership formed by Dignity Health and Optum to combine our unique expertise. As part of the growing family of UnitedHealth Group, we’ll leverage our compassion, our talent, our resources and experience to bring financial clarity and a full suite of Revenue Management services to Healthcare Providers, nationwide.
If you’re looking for a better place to use your passion, your ideas and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It’s an opportunity to do your life’s best work.
- Greets patients and / or visitors to the department
- Interviews patients and / or significant others and obtains relevant demographic and insurance data; obtains necessary signatures
- Enters patient pre-registration, registration or admission information into computer; verifies accuracy
- Provides interpretation of Hospital regulations to patient (patient services, visiting hours, etc.)
- Accepts payment from patient as appropriate
- Provides assistance to patients regarding billing and insurance issues
- Ensures patient charts are distributed to Medical Records accordingly
- Answers phones, provides necessary information and takes appropriate messages
- Contacts various departments and clinical services, as needed
- Deals with physicians and other customers
- Performs related duties, as required