Associate, Portfolio Research & Modeling
Job Code: 402038
Job Location: New Jersey-Newark
The PGIM Institutional Advisory & Solutions (IAS) Group is looking for an Associate in Portfolio Research & Modeling. PGIM, the Global Investment Management Businesses of Prudential Financial, Inc. offers an array of investment management and advisory services, mutual funds, and other structured products.
This individual will collaborate closely with senior researchers in the ongoing study of time-varying market and asset class characteristics and be responsible for building asset models, designing and conducting simulations, and developing optimization methodologies. The results of this research will be used by the broader team in the development of strategic client analyses, and key findings may be shared in client presentations or white papers.
• Collaborate closely with senior researchers to carry out the team’s research program
• Model asset distributions, design and run simulation-based research, including the combination of non-normal distributions, and build optimization methodologies
• Model traditional, alternative and private assets, including their linkages to each other, and with macro and market factors
• Collaborate with senior researchers to develop and maintain long-term capital markets return & risk assumption framework, reconciling and leveraging the methodologies and insights of PGIM affiliates
• Assist in scenario development; update and maintain assumption set and scenarios as necessary, including multiple currency perspectives
• Contribute to the development of risk framework
• Partner with the affiliate quant / research resources to share best practices and to capture their best asset class thinking as an input into developing the Portfolio Research & Modeling function
• 3-5 years minimal experience in investment management, with a focus on portfolio modeling and asset class level research, including fixed income, equity, commodities and currency markets
• Distinctive quantitative skills, with a deep understanding of advanced statistical methods, risk modeling, time series analysis, optimization and simulation methodologies
• Substantial asset modeling experience, using Matlab and/or other programming languages
• Very good understanding of portfolio theory, financial theory and interest rate modeling
• Very familiar with a range of market, financial and economic data sources
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree in quantitative finance, computational finance or applied mathematics. Graduate degree preferred.
Leadership, Collaboration and Communication Abilities:
• Strong interpersonal and partnership skills
• Desire and ability to engage and collaborate with a diverse set of stakeholders
• Effective communication skills
• Strong investment and financial markets intuition
• Highly creative and adaptive thinker
• Self starter; able to set direction and pursue research based on team needs
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.
Job Function: Investment Management