Associate Principal Engineer, MHE Automation & Controls
Job Title: Associate Principal Engineer, MHE Automation & Controls
Location: Plano, TX
Category: Supply Chain
- Define strategy for plant warehouse automation and system integration, through analysis, and validation.
- Develop Electrical Controls Specifications, and Description of Operations.
- Review and audit automation designs and procurement provided by external Vendors.
- Create and implement warehouse picking system specification, test plan development, test execution and field support plans for new or modified production lines.
- Possess good understanding of equipment reliability analysis, modeling and simulation.
- Define systems validation requirement, develop validation documentation, generate and execute test protocols.
- Perform and or verify process/control design for projects (PLC's, Networks, Drives, Instrumentation, control panels, etc...).
- Lead cross-functional process, electrical, controls, and equipment design reviews.
- Develop reporting, and visualization tools to improve operations performance.
- Work in teams to develop new products / systems controls requirements.
- Work, and direct diverse groups such IT, External Vendors, and plant recourses.
- Provide on-site start-up engineering support during line commissioning.
- Start-up and qualify new or modified production systems.
- Project management experience handling multiple projects on accelerated timeline.
- Manage projects to ensure schedule, cost and quality.
- Multiple site analysis, including cost estimates and scope definition.
- Prepare bid packages for System Integrators and equipment Manufacturers.
- BS in Electrical, Chemical Engineering.
- Experience in manufacturing and material handling industries with a strong focus on automation and control design.
- Must have a strong background and be able to apply automation and PLC-Based control systems.
- Experience in system level validation testing/problem solving techniques.
- Knowledge of industrial Networks (including Ethernet, DeviceNet, Profibus, etc…).
- Project management skills.
- Must thrive in a fast paced, aggressive, results oriented culture.
- Superior team building and communication skills to work with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to reduce complex problems to simple set of solutions.
- Ability to communicate technical and business information effectively.
- Available to travel approximately 30-40%.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/People with Disabilities/Protected Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster) & EEO is the Law Supplement (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster-supplement) documents by copying and pasting the appropriate URL in the address bar of your web browser.
To view our Pay Transparency Statement, please click here: Pay Transparency StatementJob Ref: 114519BR",
Performance with Purpose
Out performing ourselves is a rush. That's why we perform with purpose. Together, we blaze new trails, succeed, celebrate and then do something even bigger. We never settle for second best. At PepsiCo we're not just committed to performing well as individuals, but as a team, to strengthen the company as a whole.
Around the world, we're working hard to give people the tastes they crave and the nutrition they need. We dream globally and act locally, constantly innovating to sustain our planet, our people, our communities and our business practices. New markets mean new ways of doing business, and new ways of addressing health concerns, cultural differences and environmental challenges. Every day is an adventure, and an opportunity for personal and professional growth.