Associate Software Developer
Job Code: 404918
Job Location: New Jersey-Newark
Prudential is seeking a talented Associate Software Developer. The candidate will be a member of our diverse team of developers working on a variety of financial and investment applications utilizing various technologies. They will receive regular project direction and assignments from more senior members of the technical team. The candidate will work closely with the rest of the technical team throughout the entire development life cycle to elicit and manage requirements and ensure adherence to proper software development procedures.
Additionally, they will participate in department-wide activities such as process improvement efforts, will gather and report on quality metrics, and will participate in pre-and post-implementation reviews. The candidate will also function in a production support role for the area, and some off-hour support will be required.
- Assist in the identification of business requirements and in devising system and programming alternatives and specifications
- Study and analyze existing office procedures as assigned
- Prepare systems flow charts and logic diagrams to describe existing and proposed operations
- Code, debug and document programs
- Perform related duties as assigned or requested
- Performs routine assignments in a professional job progression
- Use existing procedures to solve routine or standard problems
- Receive regular instruction, guidance and direction from others
- College Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Computer Engineering or equivalent work experience required
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Word & Powerpoint
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel
- Some exposure to Macros, VBA code, .Net programming, or SQL strongly preferred
- Periodic evening and night production support (off-hours and weekends) on rotating basis with other team members necessary
- Ability to analyze business related functions and draft functional requirements and design specifications for supporting those functions
- Strong decision-making skills
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced environment
- Must be able to handle multiple time sensitive projects simultaneously
- Ability to work independently as well as within a collaborative development team environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.
Job Function: Development