Working at the world's fourth largest retailer mixes the best of many worlds: cutting-edge technologies applied to business problems, solving real needs for customers who spend billions of dollars across our stores in North America. QuoteCenter is an application Home Depot store associates use to build large product owners for our Pro customers.
What is it like to work at The Home Depot QuoteCenter?
We were a startup once upon a time and much of our startup culture still exists: the agility of a small operation, the impact that comes with being a leader in our industry. Our engineers use the latest open source technologies to build new products that facilitate 9-figure project sales at The Home Depot. We invest proactively in our people. We sponsor developer events, including .Net Fringe, NodePDX and PADNUG, and our engineers headline workshops to teach Portland-area engineers how we use cutting-edge technology to solve real world problems. The mission of the QuoteCenter product team is to radically reimagine the shopping experience at Home Depot utilizing the latest web technologies and data tools.
We are searching for a Associate Systems Specialist at QuoteCenter. In this role, you will install, configure, maintain and repair a variety of computer equipment including personal computers, printers, tablets, and other peripherals. The Associate Systems Specialist also supports user software and assists with account management through a variety of administrative tools.
- Provide complex technical support, planning and coordination for end user touch points of the distributed computer environment, including desktop, software and hardware installation, support and distribution, and remote access technologies.
- Diagnose and repair hardware problems. Adjust repair, and replace malfunctioning equipment as directed.
- Assist in maintaining an inventory of hardware, software, and licenses for the company.
- Resolve customer technology incidents and requests in a timely manner to comply with Service Level Agreements.
- Add and manage user access to network domains.
- Enforce compliance with company security standards ranging from logon management, network access management and virus management.
- Research new technology and propose solutions.
- Deploy, install, and support interactive projectors and touch panels.
- Research, deploy, install and support Video Conferencing Systems.
- New computer deployment and recovery.
- Provide technology support for business meetings, including set-up of projectors and computer presentations.
- Install, configure, upgrade and repair desktop hardware and software in accordance with business requirements and standards.
- Support desktop related technologies such as printers, networks, and wireless devices. Provide support for both networked and remote units.
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of how the company's enterprise applications use underlying desktop technology. Tailor the delivery of support to meet these requirements as needed.
- Develop and deliver timely and accurate reporting on activity status. Conduct research into specific technology topics on request.
- Perform other responsibilities as required.
NATURE AND SCOPEPosition Reports to: IT Supervisor
No direct responsibility for supervising others.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diploma and/or GED.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 7 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- 2+ year of experience as a Desktop Support Specialist or similar role in a corporate environment.
- Experience with variety of platforms to include Windows, Mac, Android and iOS.
- Excellent knowledge of software and applications, including Windows, Microsoft Office, IE, e-mail, Anti-Virus, and Anti-Spyware.
- Advanced knowledge of networking protocols (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, VPN).
- Experience with Active Directory and Exchange preferred.
- Experience with phone systems.
- Experience managing personal and mobile device environments.
- Solid understanding of corporate networks and connectivity between users and servers.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as the ability to present ideas in user friendly language to both technical and non-technical end-users.
- Self-motivation and direction, with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high pressure environment.
- Strong troubleshooting, analytical, and organizational skills.
- The ability to read and understand technical manuals and procedural documentation.
- The ability to take on new tasks and learn new technologies in a fast-paced work environment.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:Maintaining a high degree of technical competence and knowledge that involves the understanding of concepts and facilities utilized in support of computer and network systems.
Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of personnel, both verbally and in writing.
Ability to quickly analyze and resolve systems problems as they occur.
Ability to utilize operational experience and knowledge to effectively write methods, standards and procedures in a clear and concise manner to ensure ease of use.
Ability to verbally communicate with all levels of associates within the organizations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.