Assistant Store Managers in Training are learning the various responsibilities and functions of the following roles: Assistant Store Manager, Operations Assistant Store Manager, Night Operations Assistant Store Manager, and Specialty Assistant Store Manager. At a high level, ASM’s in Training will learn how to support the Store Manager in developing strategies and objectives toward driving store sales and profitability. They will learn how to accomplish these objectives through effective leadership of and communication to their Associates.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
General Customer Service Initiatives to include supervising Associates in the selling effort, ensuring the store’s in-stock position, and maintaining an appealing and organized store appearance. ASM’s in Training will learn the following tactics to support this key accountability: staffing and scheduling, identifying and resolving stock deficiencies, supervisor associates in selling behaviors, resolving customer issues and concerns, and supporting service needs for both installed sales/special orders and product sales.
Supervising Store Associates to include interviewing, hiring, motivating, coaching, training, developing, and communicating to associates. ASM’s in Training will also learn the performance management process, to include semi-annual review of associate performance and how to execute the associate disciplinary process when necessary.
Operations Management to include supervision of front end processes involving sales and return transactions, as well as special services and lot support. ASM’s in Training will also learn how to oversee the back end processes, including receiving and freight teams to ensure that merchandise is received and stocked appropriately. They will also learn how to maintain and operate all store equipment and systems as well as how to manage daily financial operations. ASM’s in Training should develop a command of store standard operating procedures (SOP’s), especially those involving Safety compliance.
Business Analysis and Merchandise Planning Initiatives to include driving department profitability through analysis of sales trends. ASM’s in Training will learn how to work with key partners (Store Managers, Field Merchandising, MET Teams) to plan merchandise placement and signing. They will also learn how to support stock integrity through inventory management processes.
NATURE AND SCOPE
- ASM’s in Training will report to a Store Manager.
- Once complete with their training process, they will gradually assume accountability supervision of work activities of associates.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Typically located in a comfortable indoor area. There may be regular exposure to mild physical discomfort from factors such as dust, fumes or odors, temperature extremes, loud noise, strong drafts, or bright lights.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
- 18 years or older
- Must pass the Drug Test
- Must pass pre-employment tests if applicable
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diplomas and/or GED.
YEARS OF RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE - 3
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Physical Job Requirements-Most of the time is spent sitting or standing and there may be a need to stoop regularly or move/lift light material or equipment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND COMPETENCIES
- Acts with Integrity: Role model for ethical behavior; consistent and fair in dealings with others.
- Product Knowledge: Knows and effectively promotes all areas, products, services, and procedures. Knows the competition.
- Excels in Customer Service: Creates customer focused environment; provides excellent service.
- Inspires Achievement: Initiates actions to develop Associates; provides performance feedback and recognizes accomplishments.
- Safety Orientation: Enforces safety policies and procedures; is a safety role model.
- Delivers Results: Creates a sense of urgency; delegates appropriately; motivates self and team to accomplish objectives.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.