Job Title: Automation Engineer
Location: Bradenton, FL
Category: Supply Chain
To provide Electrical, Controls, and Automation support to Plant process, packaging, and utilities operations. To support Plant Maintenance and Operations teams in systems and equipment troubleshooting and technology transfer. To drive continuous improvement in the business by providing and implementing Controls and Automation solutions. To serve as a liaison between the Plant and Corporate Engineering with regards to Automation and System Integration. To assist Corporate and Plant Engineering with Electrical and Controls Projects.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical support to all operations and maintenance departments to help troubleshoot and diagnose issues related to Electrical, Instrumentation, and Automation. In particular provide technical back up to Technicians in order to solve difficult problems.
- Support Plant electrical and controls projects and ensure they conform to and are consistent with manufacturing standards and latest controls best practices.
- Facilitate Technology transfer from Corporate Engineering, R&D, and the Manufacturing Engineering team to the Operations and Maintenance teams ensuring proper start up and training plans. Train electricians and instrument techs on new technology to allow proper maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Actively develop and implement cost savings initiatives including waste minimization, productivity improvements, and process optimization opportunities through an active partnership with manufacturing maintenance and operations teams.
- Maintain and manage upgrades of Factory Floor Automation components and infrastructure including Server Hardware, Network Switches, Computers, etc.
- Manage Factory Floor software applications such as Data Historians, Network Analyzers, Performance Monitoring Tools, and Program Repository's.
- Develop reporting and visualization tools to improve operational performance.
- Work alongside and direct various groups including IT, R&D, External OEMs and Integrators, Quality, Safety, and Plant Resources.
- Industrial electrical and controls troubleshooting
- Knowledge or Industrial Network Protocols including Ethernet, Devicenet, Profibus, Controlnet, DH+, etc.
- PLC programming proficiency (Rockwell Automation Logix 5, 500, 5000)
- Knowledge of common controls components including Variable speed drives, safety devices, vision systems, etc.
- HMI/Visualization programming including Wonderware Intouch, AB Panelview Plus
- Basic network Management, Layer2/3 switching, spanning tree, Vlans
- Industrial Data Centers, Storage Area Networks, Server Management
- VMware Virtualization solutions
- Process controls experience in packaging or processing manufacturing environment
- Capable of working with and directing skilled trades employees
- Project management skills
- Must thrive in a fast paced, aggressive, results oriented culture
- Superior team building and ability to communicate technical and business information effectively
- Knowledge of Medium voltage electrical switch gear and distribution, NEC a plus
- Familiarity with OSHA, USDA, FDA, EPA requirements a plus
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/People with Disabilities/Protected Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster) & EEO is the Law Supplement (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster-supplement) documents by copying and pasting the appropriate URL in the address bar of your web browser.
To view our Pay Transparency Statement, please click here: Pay Transparency StatementJob Ref: 108369BR",
Performance with Purpose
Out performing ourselves is a rush. That's why we perform with purpose. Together, we blaze new trails, succeed, celebrate and then do something even bigger. We never settle for second best. At PepsiCo we're not just committed to performing well as individuals, but as a team, to strengthen the company as a whole.
Around the world, we're working hard to give people the tastes they crave and the nutrition they need. We dream globally and act locally, constantly innovating to sustain our planet, our people, our communities and our business practices. New markets mean new ways of doing business, and new ways of addressing health concerns, cultural differences and environmental challenges. Every day is an adventure, and an opportunity for personal and professional growth.