Automations Control Technician
Job Title: Automations Control Technician
Location: City of Industry, CA
Category: Supply Chain
PURPOSE OF POSITION: The Automations Controls Technician is responsible for supporting and troubleshooting automations control related issues in the City of Industry plant. This includes instrumentation, electrical and process controls issues. This role services requests and provides support to all production related functions on an assigned shift.
- Program, service, repair, and maintain instrumentation, electrical and process controls related equipment on 4 production lines
- Follows departmental troubleshooting and escalation guidelines to avoid extended periods of down time.
- Troubleshoots circuits through various control systems such as Panel View 600 & 1000, FactoryTalk View & Batch, Allen-Bradley Micrologix 1000, 1200, SLC-505, PLC-5, Compactlogix, and Control Logix
- Reads technical and maintenance manuals as required to address equipment and instrument failures
- Using P&IDs, Single Line Diagrams, Electrical Schematics, and other drawings and technical information, perform troubleshooting of instrumentation circuits and equipment.
- Perform inspections and preventive maintenance of process control instrumentation.
- Disassembles and repair electronic/instrumentation equipment.
- Performs test and calibrations of process control instruments.
- Operates electronic test equipment, as well as laptop computers for use as troubleshooting tools for Online troubleshooting of PLCs and SCADA systems as well as other related equipment which can be accessed from a laptop computer.
- Aligns and calibrate instrument control loops.
- Installs instrumentation including but not limited to, Circular Chart Recorders, controllers, Flow-Meters, level controls, displays, PLCs, and Ink Jet Coding equipment
- Communicates with planners when appropriate, orders, returns parts and materials through SAP
- Maintains logs and records though CMMS.
- Overall goal is to optimize machine operation time by minimizing downtime due to system deficiencies.
- Use knowledge of electronics, pneumatics, hydraulics, electro-mechanics, PLC based controls, and motor-drive control systems to quickly solve production breakdowns.
- Troubleshoot manufacturing equipment issues, assist in repair/maintenance projects as required.
- Strong Communication Skills.
- High school graduate with two years of technical apprenticeship, Associate Degree or equivalent technical electronics maintenance trainin
- Four years experience in maintenance of process control instrumentation or NICET, Level 2 certification or equivalent
- In lieu of formal training, six years experience in the maintenance of processing, plant electrical, or instrumentation will be considered
- Good understanding of ladder logic as it applies to the various processors in the production floor.
- Working knowledge and ability to troubleshoot electrical circuits and motors up to and including 480 volts.
- Must understand the theory and operation of Variable Frequency Drives with an emphasis on Allen Bradley Power Flex 4, 40, 70, &700. Strong troubleshooting skills in this area are a must.
- Basic understanding of Network Topology and strong controls troubleshooting skill over Ethernet IP, Control Net, Device Net and Asi networks.
- Ability to diagnose and communicate problems, root causes and short/long term solutions.
- Ability to step outside comfort zone to experience a wide range of troubleshooting opportunities.
- Proven experience operating DMM, Megger, Clamp Amp meter, HART Communicator, and Multi-process Calibrator.
- Experience with plant floor automation and office Ethernet, DeviceNet, ControlNet network wiring and Fiber optic Networks.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/People with Disabilities/Protected Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster) & EEO is the Law Supplement (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster-supplement) documents by copying and pasting the appropriate URL in the address bar of your web browser.
To view our Pay Transparency Statement, please click here: Pay Transparency StatementJob Ref: 106362BR",
Performance with Purpose
Out performing ourselves is a rush. That's why we perform with purpose. Together, we blaze new trails, succeed, celebrate and then do something even bigger. We never settle for second best. At PepsiCo we're not just committed to performing well as individuals, but as a team, to strengthen the company as a whole.
Around the world, we're working hard to give people the tastes they crave and the nutrition they need. We dream globally and act locally, constantly innovating to sustain our planet, our people, our communities and our business practices. New markets mean new ways of doing business, and new ways of addressing health concerns, cultural differences and environmental challenges. Every day is an adventure, and an opportunity for personal and professional growth.