Behavioral Health Advocate
Universal Health Services
Behavioral Health Advocate
|Facility:||Highlands Behavioral Health|
|Location:||LITTLETON, CO US Mountain|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
|Minimum Education Required:||Associate Degree|
|Skills:||Health Care -> Behavioral Health
|Category:||Allied Health,Healthcare - Rehabilitation|
Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS) is one of the nation's largest and most respected health care management companies, operating through its subsidiaries acute care hospitals, behavioral health facilities and ambulatory centers nationwide. Founded in 1978, UHS subsidiaries now have more than 65,000 employees. The UHS business strategy is to build or purchase health care properties in rapidly growing markets and create a strong franchise based on exceptional service and effective cost control. Our success comes from a responsive management style and a service philosophy based on integrity, competence and compassion.
We are currently seeking full-time Behavioral Health Advocates.
The Behavioral Health Advocate manages the immediate milieu of patients, facilitates group therapy, aids with activities of daily living, and assists in the maintenance of a safe and clean environment, under the direction and supervision of the Charge Nurse.
Some job responsibilities include:
1. Consistently provides supervision for assigned patients.
2. Facilitate psycho-educational groups.
3. Clearly documents observations of patient behavior.
4. Performs basic housekeeping tasks required to maintain patient living areas.
5. Ensures safety of patient at all times.
6. Ensures Patients Rights and Confidentiality are maintained.
7. Escorts patients to events away from the facility such as recreational and other activities, Court for conservatory or other hearings, Emergency Room or clinician office as necessitated by their physical condition.
8. Promotes a positive working environment by demonstrating respect and tolerance for age, gender, race and choice of lifestyle.
9. Demonstrates required attendance and reliability.
10. Assumes responsibility for professional development and ongoing education; discuss personal goals for continued development with supervisor and/or DON.
11. Promotes, by education and example, a therapeutic environment.
12. Maintains a professional appearance and attitude at all times.
13. Demonstrates required attendance and reliability.
14. Promotes safety by attending mandatory in services and complies with all safety measures initiated by the facility.
Highlands Behavioral Health System offers evening, night and weekend shift differential, an excellent time off plan, medical, dental, vision, employee assistance program, life and long term disability benefits and 401(k) plan for full time and part time employees.
High school diploma or equivalent required; Bachelors degree in human services field preferred. Minimum of two (2) years of education focused on nursing, psychology, social service, medicine or related field or completion of EMT, CNA, Medical Assistant, Security Training program or equivalent preferred. At least one year relevant experience preferred.