You're looking for something bigger for your career. How about inventing the future of health care? Optum is offering an innovative new standard for care management. We're going beyond counseling services and verified referrals to behavioral health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. Our growth is fueling the need for highly qualified professionals to join our elite team. Bring your skills and talents to a role where you'll have the opportunity to make an impact on a huge scale. Join us. Take this opportunity to start doing your life's best work. (sm)
For those who want to invent the future of health care, here's your opportunity. We're going beyond counseling services and verified referrals to behavioral health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. Join us and help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
The overall purpose of the Field Based Care Advocate is to improve the enrollee’s ability to remain stable in the community and out of the hospital. The role is to engage the person in the treatment process and then assist his/her to access the appropriate community services so they can pursue their treatment goals in the community and avoid institutionalization.
The Field Based Care Advocate position is also designed to be a direct clinical liaison between health plan staff and the clinical network. The program fosters a collegial and mutually beneficial relationship between the providers and payers of medical and behavioral health services.
This position will travel throughout the Lake County, Ohio area
Primary Responsibilities :
- Identifies needed services and matches with available services in area
- Assists enrollees with appointments
- Provides subsequent member follow - up as determined by individual member needs
- Works with enrollees to identify gaps in care or obstacles to care and problem solves for successful connection to needed services
- Liaison with other case managers and UM staff to help coordinate services and treatment
- Travel throughout assigned region up to 75% of the time
- May go to facility to meet with treatment team to develop a successful aftercare plan
- Manages the aftercare follow - up of identified high risk enrollees (manages follow - up calls / outreach and documentation)
- Meets with community providers / facilities as company liaison to foster good rapport and relationships and to identify new programs
- Attends rounds with clinical team