Big Data Architect - Eden Prairie, MN(Job Number:700436)
We are looking for a dynamic individual to join our team of Big Data Architects in Optum Product Engineering & Data Services (PEDS) in Eden Prairie, MN. The Big Data Architect will play a critical role in technical optimization of solutions related to Data Services (acquisition, ingest, standardization, enrichment, etc.) and ensuring end to end reporting and analytics capabilities are scalable & performant. The implemented solutions will involve the use of Big Data capabilities like Hadoop & NoSQL databases as well as leveraging traditional DW technologies where applicable.
The candidate filling this role is expected to own and lead all technical considerations related to ensuring our big data solutions are scalable and performant. He or she needs to have hands-on experience with Hadoop applications (e.g. administration, configuration management, monitoring, debugging, and performance tuning). The candidate is expected to have technical experience with the major big data technologies like Hadoop, MapReduce, Hive, and HBase as well as streaming technologies like Kafka, Spark Streaming, and Apache APEX among others. General experience designing solutions for multiple large data warehouses with a good understanding of cluster and parallel architecture (i.e. distributed RDBMS and/or knowledge on NoSQL platforms) is expected as well.
- Architect solutions for key business initiatives ensuring alignment with future state analytics architecture vision
- Responsible for End-to-end Architecture of Optum's Big Data Platform solution to enable the "Next Generation" capabilities
- Review and govern to confirm big data technologies are being leveraged effectively in Big Data solutions
- Provide consulting services to Key Business Programs and Enterprise Initiatives that want to leverage "Big Data"
- Big Data Art of Possible Demos / Road Show to showcase next generation Big Data capabilities
- Influencing Enterprise Decisions around alignment of Big Data Capabilities to Future Business Initiatives
- Publish architectural references and Big Data best practices on internal CoP forums
- Best practices for optimizing the use of Big Data technologies
- Factors related to how solutions on Big Data can be scaled and optimized
- End-to-end Big Data Platform Capacity Modeling and Planning
Job IT Architecture
Primary Location US-MN-Eden Prairie
Organization Optum Data Management
Number of Openings 1