Big Data Developer / Data Engineer - Hartford, CT(Job Number:704086)
Transform health care and change the way consumers engage with technology.
Sounds like a big challenge, right? Here, at Optum, you have the opportunity to achieve great things while you showcase your passion and technical expertise as a Big Data Developer. You'll be inspired by working alongside some of the most brilliant minds in technology who bring compassion, energy and focus to their work every day on a mission to change health care as we know it. Join us! Come share who you are and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
We are currently seeking an experienced Big Data Developer/Data Engineer. As a Big Data Developer/Data Engineer you will be technical leader working on agile projects extracting and enriching data, applying filtering and transformation logic to large data volumes of data and provisioning out that data to other applications.
As a Big Data Developer/Data Engineer you will stretch your skills and grow your careers as a primary contributor in designing, coding, testing, debugging, documenting and supporting all types of applications consistent with the established specifications and business requirements in order to deliver business value. This is a unique development role where your skills within the Big Data space will be valued and experience with the associated tools will allow you to lead development to success.
- Create, Configure, Implement, Optimize, Document, and/or Maintain:
- Custom Talend/Java jobs to ingest, enrich and distribute data in a MapR Hadoop ecosystem
- File, source and record level data quality checks
- Logging and Error Handling
- Job & workflow scheduling
- Unix scripts
- Hive Tables and Views
- Hadoop-Map R Folder, Processing and Storage Components
- Compare data across data storage locations: from files, to Hive, to traditional relational databases
- Work as technical leader on an agile team, including supporting story creation and maintenance, create right-sized technical documentation, maintain rally and support scrum and project meetings and status reporting
- Leverage existing frameworks and standards, while contributing ideas to or resolving issues with current framework owners - where no framework or pattern exists, create them
- Work within an Agile environment moving as many deliverables forward and mitigate impact of blocking issues
- Professionally influence and negotiate with other technical leaders to arrive and implement the most optimum solution considering standards and project constraints
- Mentor junior and other team members in all related Big Data technologies
Job Applications Development
Primary Location US-CT-Hartford
Organization PEDS - Data Solutions
Number of Openings 2