We are looking for a dynamic individual to join our team of Solution Architects in Optum Data Management in Minnetonka, MN. The Solution Architect will play a critical role in defining the future state data management capability (Data Fabric) being built on Big Data capabilities like Hadoop & NoSQL databases as well as by leveraging traditional DW technologies where applicable.
The candidate filling this role is expected to take the lead in gaining technical understanding of Big Data technologies and in particular gain working technical knowledge of managing massive volumes of data leveraging Hadoop, Spark and ElasticSearch. This role will be working hands on to develop proofs-of-concepts (POC) to identify viable options for implementing a particular data management need. This role will also pass on the learning to peers for knowledge sharing.
What does an SA in this team do:
You work on enterprise wide solutions using Big Data.
You build solutions to migrate projects from legacy technologies to big data.
You help build new solutions using big data technologies.
You build search solutions to enable access to data.
You build API solutions to enable global access.
You build solutions using machine learning.
As with anything very new, there are many unturned stones, if you get one of those, you dig deeper and go hands on to find a solution.
Your work with a large group of solutions architects that teach you what they know and learn from you what you know.
If any of this interests you then join our group.
- Architect solutions for key business initiatives ensuring alignment with future state analytics architecture vision
- Work closely with the project teams as outlined in the Agile methodology providing guidance in implementing solutions at various stages of projects
- Roll up your sleeves and work with project teams to support project objectives through the application of sound architectural principles
- Develop and validate that the proposed solution architecture supports the stated & implied business requirements of the project
- Review technical team deliverables for compliance with architecture standards and guidelines
- Adopt innovative architectural approaches to leverage in-house data integration capabilities consistent with architectural goals of the enterprise
- Create architectural designs for different stakeholders that provide a conceptual definition of the information processing needs for the delivery project