Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in health care here. Bring your skills and talents to a role where you'll have the opportunity to make an impact on a huge scale. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
As a Case Manager in our Atlanta office, you will engage members through telephonic Case Management while ensuring they are receiving the best care. We are currently hiring for the following shifts (8-hour or 10-hour shifts, ending at 9:00 pm). Two weekend days each month will also be required.
This position will require active and unrestricted Nursing licensure in multiple US States. Selected candidate must be willing and able to obtain and maintain multiple state licensure within 12 months. (Application fees and filing costs paid for by UHG)
This is a telephonic role in a fast-paced call center environment.
- Making outbound calls and taking inbound calls to assess members' current health status
- Identifying gaps or barriers in treatment plans
- Providing patient education to assist with self-management
- Interacting with Medical Directors/Pharmacists on challenging cases
- Coordinating care for members i.e. Partnering with internal and external vendors including, Behavioral Health, Wellness, Social Workers, EAP
- Educating members on disease processes
- Encouraging members to make healthy lifestyle changes
- Documenting and tracking findings
- Making post-discharge calls to ensure that discharged member receive the necessary services and resources
- Communication with customers and/or account management teams
- Collaboration with Primary Care and Specialty Provider