Business Analyst Associate
Job Code: 398578
Job Location: New Jersey-Newark
Prudential's Individual Life Insurance (ILI) - Product Solutions Department is seeking a Business Analyst Associate to join our team.
The Products and Reinsurance Team, under Product Solutions department, is responsible for the business requirements writing and successful implementation of business rules in PFMC, a policy-level data repository for individual life insurance products.
In this position, the candidate will work closely with Operations, Business, and Systems key personnel to support our insurance product portfolio updates & changes. He/she will represent the team in capturing/documenting various product-related systems enhancements/reinsurance initiatives.
The primary responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assess insurance product changes and prepare Business Requirements Documents that contain concise and easily understood business/systems specifications, including process flows, business rules, and data examples, for all impacted downstream systems processes
- Review business requirements with major stakeholders to achieve buy-in from all affected areas
- Update business tables in PFMC, that match precisely with business requirements, to ensure data accuracy and complete coverage
- Provide business level support and monitoring at project status meetings
- Work closely with business/systems partners to troubleshoot data issues and enhance our current product strategy portfolio
- Assist team manager on other reinsurance initiatives/special projects
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent work experience required
- 1-3 years of experience using Microsoft Access
- Experience Querying and/or Mining Data in a Relational Database required
- Strong verbal and written communications skills required
- Excellent collaboration skills and ability to partner with a wide variety of business/systems functions and levels/strong team-player
- Strong analytical skills and close attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize work assignments, as appropriate
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision in a team environment
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft PowerPoint
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.
Job Function: Product Development