Business Development Leader - ITS Vertical
Location:Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Area of InterestBusiness Development
Technology InterestInternet of Everything
What You'll Do
The BDM Leader will be responsible for managing business
development in the ITS vertical and for strategy, solution creation and the
validation of complementary technologies and solutions from partners. You will
work with Government and Non-Government stake holders’ ad will help create new
business models working with the partner and consulting ecosystem. The role
includes creating a pipeline, assisting closures, driving customer intimacy and
the building, attracting and developing of “best in class” talent.
You will be highly result oriented, with a start-up mindset and executive presence. Critically, you should possess a deep understanding of the ITS vertical and its business and technology drivers emanating from direct experience in the ITS vertical. You must have the ability to position appropriate solutions that will help the customer organization in terms of enhancing revenue, customer satisfaction, compliance and optimizing cost.
- Articulate a clear vision about the ITS vertical, its future directions and a powerful sense of how digitization can transform all aspects of business.
- Identification of opportunities across the client's technology landscape which Cisco and its larger ecosystem can effectively fulfil.
- Driving disruptive new technologies such as IOT, cloud, mobile and analytics and will challenge status quo by seeking to expand and grow newer markets.
- The crafting of a compelling story about how technology can transform a business is equally vital.
- Actively engage the team to develop plans and resolve issues through collaboration, evolves appropriate individual roles based on experience and aptitude and demands accountability, while rewarding those who support company and team objectives.
- Collaborating and influencing: Actively seeking inputs to enrich decision-making
- Strategic orientation: Understand business in the ITS context, articulates evolving medium term priorities while adapting effective short term plans.
- Interact with and influence CXO-level officers, top bureaucrats and decision-makers
Who You'll Work With
The Digital Transformation Organization at Cisco India Sales is responsible for business development, leveraging the digital transformation happening in emerging verticals i.e. E commerce, Financial Services, Education, Smart Cities, Utilities, Transportation, ITS, Banking, Connected Safety and Security, Manufacturing and Mining (IOT) - and supporting the execution of the Country Digital Acceleration agenda.
This Transformation Team will be responsible for initiating, driving and developing longer term sales / business in select verticals to achieve $1Bn revenue in next three years, supplementing Cisco India revenue.
Who You Are
- 15+ years sales experience in a large enterprise with 5+ years in ITS Vertical, selling IOT, Cloud, Software, Smart City and Analytics solutions.
- Strong ability to understand government, enterprise and mobile network operator business. Experience with 3rd party systems integration of S+CC, IOT, C4I, BSS and OSS products of leading vendors.
- Ability to articulate the underlying value proposition to technical, marketing & commercial audiences. Experience in closing large deals across Government, Private Enterprises and Mobile Network Operators and navigating large global accounts.
- Extensive experience in mapping org charts and influence maps. Knowledge of the strategic sales process.
- Experience in creating financial and ROI / TCO business cases and ability to guide the solution team in preparing customer-specific proposals including new product adaptations and integration.
- Highly entrepreneurial and energetic self-starter, motivated to make an impact.
- Have the desire to take risks and the perseverance to build a larger, outcome based business.
- People skills combined with cultural adaptability combined with the propensity to operate in a fast-paced environment - multi-tasking, risk-taking, driving quick decisions, generating a passion for surpassing business goals in the team.
- Strong analytical, communication, presentation and customer interfacing skills.
- A fast executor.
- Comfortable with extensive travel.
- The ideal candidate should have an independent, dynamic, high-energy personality with a “can do” attitude and a willingness to solve problems directly as may be necessary. Importantly, the individual must have the gravitas, maturity and the credibility to be accepted at senior most levels internally and externally.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld
hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.