Business Information Solutions Intern
Job Title: Business Information Solutions Intern
Location: Chicago, IL; Plano, TX; Purchase, NY, NY
Category: Campus (Intern/Leadership)
We are PepsiCo
PepsiCo is one of the world's leading food and beverage companies with over $63 billion in net revenue in 2015 and a global portfolio of diverse and beloved brands. We have a complementary food and beverage portfolio that includes 22 brands that in 2015 each generated more than $1 billion in estimated annual retail sales. PepsiCo's products are sold in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. PepsiCo's strength is its people. We are over 250,000 game changers, mountain movers and history makers, scattered around the world, and united by a shared set of values and goals. We believe that acting ethically and responsibly is not only the right thing to do, but also the right thing to do for our business. At PepsiCo, we aim to deliver top-tier financial performance over the long term by integrating sustainability into our business strategy, leaving a positive imprint on society and the environment. We call this Performance with Purpose. For more information on PepsiCo and the possibilities it holds, visit www.pepsico.com .
PepsiCo's information technology function is called Business + Information Solutions (BIS) because it operates in the intersection of technology and business performance. BIS is a global network of 6,000 employees and strategic supplier partners who support PepsiCo's 250,000 employees and the diverse and complex business units and brands of PepsiCo. The BIS vision is Digitizing PepsiCo for Growth. This means delivering digital technology capabilities that improve business and financial performance across every aspect of the company's value chain. Examples include automating back-office business processes, enabling associates to connect and collaborate more easily, supporting R&D innovation, driving supply chain integration, and collecting and mining data for analytical insights and competitive advantage.
What you can expect:
Students are afforded opportunities for beneficial, meaningful work experience in one of eight project groups. Please let your PepsiCo Campus Representative know which of the following disciplines interest you most. You may express interest in more than one:
- Business Process Optimization: Partners with the business team to drive process design and modeling to improve time to value with an agile experience across all areas of BIS including deep business knowledge, external expertise, and IT implications of business processes.
- Data Management: Focuses on establishing a harmonized and integrated master and transaction data foundation to enable reusable and consistent data and reporting.
- Information Security: Focuses on protecting information against unauthorized access of use, disclosure and modification to ensure integrity of data and systems. It includes ensuring adherence to Information Security standards and secure access to employees, vendors, data, and PepsiCo proprietary assets. Additionally, provides consulting services to infrastructure and application teams including security scanning and validating mediation work.
- Project Coordination: Executes standard repeatable processes in support of ongoing operations: work planning, risk management, issues reporting.
- Business Solutions: Evaluates, designs, develops, delivers, deploys, and supports business solutions across the enterprise.
- Business Analytics: Associates will work closely with functional Business partners to identify reporting and analytical requirements and with technology partners to identify the most effective Business Intelligence solutions to meet the need. Associates will receive exposure to reporting design, testing, collaboration with Business partners, and project management tasks as they apply powerful analytics to improve PepsiCo's competitive advantage.
- Service Management: Focuses on governance and consistent implementation of industry standard service management processes including defining the service levels for all BIS services.
- Technology Operations: Drives and oversees design, certification, deployment, and sustainment of platforms to ensure standard adherence, operational continuity, availability, recoverability, performance, and capacity in compliance with supplier contracts and Service Level Agreements.
*** Take note: while final work placement will be in one of the following three locations, no specific location is guaranteed pre-offer. Actual working location will be determined and identified at the point of offer. ***
- Chicago, IL
- Plano, TX
- Purchase/White Plains, NY
What we're looking for:
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree in: Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Systems, MIS, Business Information Systems, Business or Engineering with IT focus
- Minimum GPA 3.0
- IT related experience a plus
- Ability to learn new technologies and processes information quickly
- Ability to adapt to changes in timelines and sequences
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Minimum Qualifications - Each candidate is expected to:
- Graduate with Bachelor's degree within one (1) year of internship completion.
- Be eligible to work in United States without work authorization sponsorship now or anytime in the future
- Pass a drug screen and background investigation
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability Protected Veteran:
PepsiCo is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster ) & EEO is the Law Supplement (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster-supplement ) documents by copying and pasting the appropriate URL in the address bar of your web browser.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/People with Disabilities/Protected Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster) & EEO is the Law Supplement (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster-supplement) documents by copying and pasting the appropriate URL in the address bar of your web browser.
To view our Pay Transparency Statement, please click here: Pay Transparency StatementJob Ref: 100440BR",
Performance with Purpose
Out performing ourselves is a rush. That's why we perform with purpose. Together, we blaze new trails, succeed, celebrate and then do something even bigger. We never settle for second best. At PepsiCo we're not just committed to performing well as individuals, but as a team, to strengthen the company as a whole.
Around the world, we're working hard to give people the tastes they crave and the nutrition they need. We dream globally and act locally, constantly innovating to sustain our planet, our people, our communities and our business practices. New markets mean new ways of doing business, and new ways of addressing health concerns, cultural differences and environmental challenges. Every day is an adventure, and an opportunity for personal and professional growth.