Business Systems Analyst
Job Code: 381538
Job Location: Texas-El Paso
Prudential is seeking a Business Systems Analyst to work as part of a team tasked with the definition, design, development and utilization of solutions to the support Prudential’s GRC (Governance, Risk & Compliance) function.
The Analyst will lead discussions with client groups and GRC SMEs to determine their requirements in the GRC domain. The Business Systems Analyst will be expected to produce high quality requirements and specifications across a number of important business areas within GRC.
The domain in which the Analyst will work concerns Governance, Risk, Compliance and Business Continuity across Prudential. Prudential has engaged with an outside vendor to source an application which is capable of adding value in this domain. Background information on the chosen application involved (RSA Archer GRC) is available here:
The application offers a wide and comprehensive set of capabilities and functionality ‘out-of-the-box’ while also being configurable to specific Business needs. The application is hosted and managed by Pramerica on behalf of the enterprise. The capabilities and functionality available within the application will be offered to all business and corporate centers across Prudential.
Knowledge of Governance, Risk, Compliance and Business Continuity domain and familiarity or experience with the above tool or similar tools will be a distinct advantage.
The Analyst will be working with various Business Groups so that they can derive value from their use of the application involved. The Analyst is expected to act as a Consultant and Advisor to Business Groups in their use of the application and will be expected to grow their knowledge to the point of being SME’s on the application.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate (from prior experience or otherwise) their ability to learn a new application and domain both quickly and comprehensively.
Where candidates can demonstrate experience\knowledge of the domain serviced by the application this will also be advantageous.
The Analyst will need to quickly and comprehensively learn the domain and understand the business needs. In parallel, the Analyst will need to comprehensively learn the capabilities and functionality of the RSA Archer GRC tool\platform involved to the point where they can play the role of an advisor and consultant to the Business in their utilization of the application in the context of the business requirements being analyzed. This will be a challenging role and the successful candidates will need to:
- Have the ability to work on their own initiative showing creativity and a committed drive to obtain the results required
- Excellent communications, presentation and relationship-building skills as the Analysts will front many critical discussions with the Business Groups and with the application vendor
- Have the ability to elicit, define, analyze, articulate and document business requirements that will be used by the vendor and other roles in the configuration\delivery of application capabilities
Specifically, this role will involve:
- Elicitation (workshops, focus groups, questionnaires, interviews etc)
- As-is analysis of current processes, requirements and the use of the existing tools\solutions (functional de-composition)
- To-be analysis, functional requirements, specifications
- Use of streamlining methodologies
- Providing key input into the development of the conversion plan to the new tool
- 2 years of relevant business analysis experience (ideally with exposure to the Governance, Risk, Compliance and Business Continuity domains)
- Excellent communicator on both a Business and Technical Level
- Experience working directly with both Business and Technical stakeholders
- Business Process Modeling experience
- Experience in communicating, negotiating and working with outside Vendors would also be an advantage
- Ability to act as a Consultant and Advisor to Business Groups in their use of an application\platform
- Pro-active in prioritizing and managing your own workload and the workload of others
- Basic Project Management experience – tracking tasks, providing status updates etc
- Experience in dealing with multiple different Business stakeholders on a single Project
- Results orientated
- Able to anticipate situations and react quickly to issues that arise
- Knowledge of Iterative or Agile SDLCs would be an advantage
- Experience in MS Word, Excel and Visio
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.
Job Function: Information Technology