Business Systems Analyst
Job Code: 353277
Job Location: Texas-El Paso
This is a Business-facing IT role in which the Business Systems Analyst will be required to develop an understanding of the client business (e.g. Individual Life Insurance, Annuities, Corporate functions etc.) and the applications\systems supporting that business. Experience utilizing the ‘Accenture Life Insurance & Annuity Platform’ (ALIP) would be a distinct advantage in this role. ( https://www.accenture.com/us-en/accenture-software-life-annuity
The Analyst is expected to quickly and comprehensively evolve their understanding of the domain, the objectives and the challenges so that they can assist senior-level business and technology stakeholders in making informed decisions about which activities or initiatives to tackle and how to tackle them. In addition to ensuring the correct requirements are captured the analyst will have a role in making sure the design implemented is cost effective, both from a manual admin perspective as well as value for money
The Analyst will be required to carry out analysis across different domains and technologies as the need arises. As a result, candidates should be able to demonstrate (from prior experience or otherwise) their ability to learn a new business domain and technologies\application\systems both quickly and comprehensively.
Responsibilities, tasks and deliverables:
- Engage (elicitation workshops etc.) with all Stakeholders to determine, document and validate business and user requirements using relevant and applicable techniques (e.g. user stories & acceptance criteria, business rules, use cases, process flows etc.)
- Work with all Stakeholders and Project Management to define the scope and priorities
- Engage with all Stakeholders to create, define and validate business functional & non-functional requirements using relevant and applicable techniques (prototyping, use case scenarios etc.)
- Act as the conduit, 'enabling bridge' and knowledge source between the Business Stakeholders and IT\Operations, effectively communicating requirements and the knowledge gained throughout projects
- Inform, support and verify the solution design process to ensure it aligns with the business requirements
- Assess the impact of any change in requirements and communicate this to Project Management
- Inform, support and verify the User Interface wireframes\design process
- May be expected to define system to system interface requirements where applicable
- Will support and inform the Development, QA and UAT phases and
- May be required to provide input to QA and UAT test plans
The Business Systems Analyst will have a sufficient understanding of systems and technology to be able to engage and communicate effectively with UI Designers, Developers, System Architects and QA regarding requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) preferably in Computer related subject or the relevant experience
- 2 year’s relevant experience
- Experience working in an SDLC is required: Waterfall, iterative, Agile
- Experience in facilitating and enabling business change
- Experience with tools relevant to the Analyst role: Excel, Visio, JIRA, HP ALM, iRise\Balsamiq, MS Project and others
- Experience in internal systems development and interfacing is an advantage
- Experience delivering Technology solutions to Business would be an advantage i.e. familiarity with the concepts involved in Web technologies, Web Services, Analytics etc. Ability to develop high quality requirements as required within scheduled time-frame and budget adhering to Pramerica standards
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent multi-tasking capable of handling multiple projects at any one time
- Excellent organizational skills
- Perform all duties in a professional manner
- Proven ability to learn and adapt to change quickly and easily
- Team player with excellent interpersonal and motivational skills
- Proven ability to work well with technical and non-technical staff involved in the successful delivery of projects
- Have a positive attitude and take a proactive approach to problem solving
- Ability to work in a challenging environment handling the management of issues in a calm, professional and controlled manner
- Proactive attitude, ability to work independently and a desire to continuously learn new skills and technologies
- Ability to direct, moderate and negotiate groups
- Ability to deal with and resolve conflicting as well as competing demands. Flexibility to handle work beyond defined responsibilities
- Ability to specify, prioritize and organize own work to meet deadlines
- Manage tasks and assignments with little to no supervision
- Collaborate with a variety of stakeholders
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.
Job Function: Information Technology